Re: New Member - Wife of newly diagnosed

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

Jason - Have you been to Mayo?  What did they say?

Hi Carrie,
Welcome, although I have only recently been welcomed myself to this community. My 47 year old husband, father of three, was diagnosed with icc on Aprill22 of this year. Our oncologist immediately sent us to Mayo in Rochester .  We've been there twice. Our first visit was to confirm diagnosis and second visit (this past week) was to do therasphere (targeted radiation). My husband was symptomless other than a pain in abdomen.  Since our first Mayo trip and the trip this past week (3 weeks about) the tumor has become aggressive. He is distended with fluid in his abdomen (drained twice and again tomorrow) and this will continue. He was not a candidate for surgery. sad.  He has lost a lot of muscle tone and is so very tired.

So we are living with this, one day at a time and a lot of prayer. A LOT! 

Thanks, Christine

I just want to let you know you and your family are in my prayers! I hope your husband can be around a long time for you and your children. Stay strong !

Hey Carrie,

I sent you a private message!! We may be at MDA at the same time, would love to meet up with you guys!!! This is so rare and I think it would be good to be in contact with families who are going through similar experiences...here is my email hwomble@austin.rr.com

Heather

My husband is my hero!!! Love him so much!! We are going to fight the best we can with knowledge, support from friends and strangers and God getting us through!!

What is so frustrating though, is my husband had the genetic testing and then the insurance wouldn't pay for the meds because there wasn't any proof to show it would work. hmm we were so excited about the testing until we got to the insurance part. Just to refresh my husband is 45 w/ 8cm tumor in liver diagnosed a year ago. It's been chemo chemo chemo. No surgery yet and hoping that is what we find out in a couple of weeks but we don't have our hopes up for that just praying control. We have a 6 year old that has become a little clingy but we give extra hugs and honest reassurance. A lot of praying, nothing sweeter than a little one praying for cancer to go away wink

Heather

Hang on... And I agree when you do have a plan it does seem to ease some anxiety

My husband is my hero!!! Love him so much!! We are going to fight the best we can with knowledge, support from friends and strangers and God getting us through!!