Topic: Just touching base...

Well, let's see, what's happened over the past couple of months...

Started remodeling one of the houses we own. Well, remodel is a bit of a deceptive term. If you consider all cabinets are completely out, all flooring (carpet, wood, tile) is gone to bare concrete, no plumbing fixtures are present, walls around laundry and kitchen are demolished, walls above doors in living room are demolished, and I'm about 25% of the way through modifying trusses to carry the vaulted ceiling into the kitchen and allow me to demolish the load bearing walls, then yes, it's a remodel. Really a renovation though...

Went fishing on Mother's day at the inlaws, had a rod laying on the dock and a fish decided to take it for a swim. I jump in, get the rod, fish still on, climb out of the water and break the brittle plastic ladder. As I get on the dock, (pole was resting on the dock again as I climbed out) the fish takes off again. In I jump, find the rod, still have the fish, put the rod on the dock after loosening the drag, try to climb out putting my foot on the piling, oops, foot slides and barnacles do a number on me. Yell for my son, they ALL decide to come out as he says to them "Dad 'fell' in the water!". I didn't realize 'fell' is the new definition of 'jumped in of my own volition to get my $120 fishing rod". I hand the rod to my daughter, she brings in the 20" redfish, they lower the boat and I climb out on the boat ladder. We had that sucker for dinner that week... didn't lose the fish or the rod, but took a week and a half for my cuts to heal up...

Anyway, that's all with me so far. Weight went up to 217lbs, I've been working on my diet and have gotten down to 206, I figure about 10 more pounds and I'll be in fighting shape again!!!
Derin

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (15) and Sydney (13)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Re: Just touching base...

Hi Derin,
This is a great story! Thanks for the entertaining update. You sound wonderful!
Willow

Willow

Great to hear from you!!

Hi Derin,

Great to hear from you here! And wow, you sure have been busy have you not! And to the house, yep, remodeling sounds a bit loose to me, more like a total renovation job as you say! The mothers day fishing trip sounds like a blast as well, and I sure hope that fish tasted good after all of that effort! It better had considering what it took to get it in!!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Derin...so nice to hear from you and that you are going about life in a "normal" way; demolition of a house, and watching your daughter bring home the fish while you are fighting the barnacles to save the rod. Life is good, dear Derin, enjoy.  We always are thrilled to hear from you.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Well, 2 year CT tomorrow... 9/14 is 2 year resection anniversary. really looking forward to drinking 2 bottles of that crap tomorrow morning too. finally got my renovation permit, block is run, need to form and pour the beam and then install a door and two windows to proceed with the demo. hope all is well with everyone and so sorry for the lack of posting on my part...

Derin

Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Hey, Derin, it is so fabulous to see your smiling face again! Best of luck and good wishes for a successful Scan and happy anniversary on your resection, now get that project finished. Now, am I crazy or don't you have a big event in October called a Bat Mitzvah? Or is that next October? Really good to hear from you!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Yes we do!! At Men's Warehouse now getting Hunter's suits. 1 of the 2 isn't cooperating though...

Derin

Ha, Ha it's just starting !

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Great to hear from you, Darin....life is as normal as can be.   Good luck on the scan. You know that we are thrilled to hear from you.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Derin,

Good to hear from you and I hope that your scan gives you some good news. Good luck with that and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Hope the renovations are going along smoothly as well. Doing something similar in my flat, decorating and changing all of it and it is taking ages so I feel your pain on that one! Good luck for the CT.

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.