1 (edited by marions Tue, 28 May 2013 09:47:56)

Topic: Chicago - Join us for dinner (date and time to be determined)

Percy had suggested for us to meet for a special dinner during our ASCO attendance: May 31-June 4, 2013 | McCormick Place | Chicago, Illinois

Us advocates have to attend numerous evening events however; I believe that we can work it out and determine a date and time for us to come together.

So, I am putting it out to all of the members living in Chicago or nearby:  Would you be interested in joining us?

Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Chicago - Join us for dinner (date and time to be determined)

Hi,
For those who are living in the surrounding area of the windy city,This is a great chance  for us to meet everyone  of you, the members, that are involved in the fighting of this disease. It is just members and friends gather together, share and enjoy each other's company , Most likely the time will be Saturday night ,June 1st,2013 6-8pm? at downtown Chicago.May be at a pizza place?  (will be determined later)
if you are members on the discussion board or someone who just want to know who we are and what this organization is all about; What is the most current treatment are available that I know off ; and  you are living within 90 minutes of driving distance in the Chicago and suburbs area.I think it is a worth while trip to let us to know you as well as for you to know about each of us.

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Hi you guys. I will be in Wisconsin from May 23rd to June 5th but unfortunately am not able to drive the 90 miles. It would be physically impossible. HOWEVER you are welcome to come to the Lake.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thought to put out this announcement again.  We have settled on Saturday, June 1.  Gladly I will pass on the location to those interested in joining us for this special gathering.  Just think, Percy will be there too. 
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Ah, all the Celebs!!! Wish I could just can't drive that far. Maybe next time.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hope you all will have a blast, I'm sure that you will!!!

Pizza, yum! You and I could just get some take away Lainy and be there in spirit!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hey, Gav, my son from another Mum. I will be so close to Chi town but so far! Kris will be coming May 29 - 31. to the Lake. I am so excited about that! We will have some fine R & R. Its never too late for anyone else to pay us visit as well.

Fine R&R by the lake indeed, that sounds good!! You need to persuade Percy to bring you some of that Chi town pizza to you, Kris and everyone else. Hand delivered by Percy himself of course, best take away ever me thinks!!! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Percy and Chi Pizza, would be perfect. It would be a close call between Chicago Pizza and Teddy's Cousins Pizza! But hand delivered by Percy, that would make it the best!

10 (edited by PCL1029 Tue, 28 May 2013 09:24:41)

Hi, everyone,
I know some of you are living  in the Chicago area,  we would like to know you besides on the message board. But the main reason for me is to know you on a , patient to patient, face to face, and heart to heart level and  appreciate God's gift that we are still  have the chance to join together in fighting this war on cancer. We can encourage each other, we can cheer for other and we can share our emotion journey together knowing that cure or better treatment will be around the corner.
So I am now inviting you all one more time, caretakers are especially welcome so you can understand more from a patient's  perspective . Or if you prefer, I will talk about the Blackhawks ,the Bears or how to grow bitter melon in you own back yard. It will be just an informal gathering for you to have a chance to meet all of us , Marion, our tireless work horse across continent , Barbara, our devoted medical conference booth connection,Karen, our oncology nurse who in pursuit of being a patient advocate for us and our foundation operation director Kim, and may be Rick, our web master among others. That is it. It will be this coming Saturday evening around 7-pm at down Chicago between Michigan ave and the Chicago river.
If interest, please reply to this message thread or send me a forum e mail.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

That sounds like a great idea Percy and I hope that a lot of people will attend!!  Maybe next year I will be able to attend.

Have a great time all of you who are going!

Gavin

Gavin... You would add so much to an event such as this.  Can't wait to see it come true. 
Hugs,
Marion

It is not too late to join us for dinner, a laughter, a sharing of thoughts and mainly for the big hug each and everyone deserves. 
Please consider and contact either Percy or myself.
Huuuuuugs
Marion

Marion,

I was thinking of aiming to get there next year if I could sort some stuff out here for my mum etc. But I think with a good bit of planning well in advance there is a great chance that I could manage next year. Pizza then for all will be on me!! smile

Hugs,

Gavin

And to those in the Chicago area, please join in this year and meet up with everyone. I am sure that you will have a great time!!!

Gavin....no, Pizza is on us - you just get here.
Hugs,
Marion

I'll start working on it now Marion!!

Hugs,

Gavin

I was planning on coming but my hives are in full bloom and we have a funeral this weekend. There is such a bond among us, I hope to meet more of you in the future.
Have fun
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

I also can come if given enough advance notice of the date.  And the first bottle of wine is on me!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi, randigb and others,
the dinner will be saturday, June 1st, at Four Seasons Hotel in down town Chicago,
tThe day is TODAY , AT 7PM,

WE STILL HAVE SPACE FOR YOU AND OTHERS.

so please come and let us to know you and I can take a group picture of all of us.

God bless.

Looking forward to seeing the group picture Percy!! And hoping to be in next years picture as well! smile

Just had a look at the hotel you mention on google, looks very nice to say the least!!

Have a great night all,

Gavin

oh hahaha, nope I cannot do it this year, but next year I will put it on my schedule.

Have fun and post some pictures!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Have a wonderful time at dinner and ASCO!!!!!

smile

-Karen