Topic: I'M BAAACK! Did I ever miss this Family!

Hi All! My Grandsons wedding was beautiful! Did you ever look at a young couple and say to yourself, "This couple is really going to make it!" 
It was in the 50's every day along with daily rain. One night Kris and I sat and watched a storm with Tornado warnings! Another night we went for Chinese where they made their egg rolls with Sauerkraut from a jar!! OY! We called them German Egg Rolls! Another night  we went to the Club I used to hang out at and the owner sat with us the whole time and we had a blast with him. But most of all, we really hit it off. We talked and talked, I know you believe that one. I asked her to come to Phoenix for a winter break. What an attitude about life, remarkable, she is not just a cycle chick! All was nice but like Dorothy says, "There's no place like home".

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: I'M BAAACK! Did I ever miss this Family!

I'm so glad you got home safe! I know some of it was hard, but you got to visit lots of family and friends!!
I also hope you're feeling better.
It was great meeting you! And thanks!
Love ya,

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Lainy.....so glad to have you back.  YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Welcome home!!!!!!!!!!!! And for sure you were missed!!!

Sounds like you had a great break and I know that you and Kris will have had a great time too!! So you both talked and talked..... gee that doesn't surprise me at all!! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

welcome back!!  You were missed but it was a break well deserved.  Sounds like you and Kris had a great time and it doesn't surprise me that you got along so well.  You are both great gals!!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Welcome home Lainy!!

So glad you had a great time at your Grandsons wedding, but like you say there's no place like home.

Ant is on Asacol tablets for his UC.  It seems to be working for him at the moment but he hasn't had UC that long.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed they find a cure for this condition too.

Hugs

Andie xx

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Ah, Andie, thanks.  Asacol is from the Mesalamine family and cannot take any of it's products as they made me very sick. When I was in the hospital they put me on Humira as it was approved not long ago for UC. Whereas it makes a lot of people sick, I have been tolerating it well! But that is me, everything works the opposite on me. The GI guy is now weaning me off the Prednisone again then the Uceris and then I will just be on the Humira until the next colonoscopy. I wish too that they could find a cure, heck I just want to get in to remission! It can be very nasty in all ways so I truly know how Ant feels.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Welcome back Lainy and Kris!  Sounds like you had a great time.  Good for you!!!

Welcome back!

Welcome back from me too,Lainy,had sent an email prior to spotting this but anyhow ...thinking about you    x

Hi back at you waaaaay across the water! Hope you are doing well also! I am doing OK except for this UC. No pain or anything just all the other symptoms. I was in the hospital in Feb for 2 weeks, almost starved my way up to Teddy. So now on Humira, Uceris and Prednisone. Just started weaning off the Preds. I am telling you this cause as a Nurse you might find it interesting, but I accidently found something to take so I can get out of the house with no 'problems' . My Migraine pill!! I get one Migraine every Spring and Fall. Its called Butal Cap and it is wonderful with no side effects. I only take 1 a day if needed and I feel like a normal person and yes I told the GI guy and he seemed to think it was fine. 
As you saw I went for 2 weeks to a little lake house of a friend that Teddy and I used to visit for 2 weeks every summer and our kids would hang with us there. Well I learned a life lesson. One cannot go back, it just is not the same. On the other hand we balance that with a phone call I got from a Grandson that I am going to be a Great Grandma. Checks and balances, you know.
How are you doing and many thanks for your concern, I think about you too and have seen a post here and there. Your advise is always spot on and please keep visiting us!

Lainy,
Welcome back!  I just wanted to drop a note and say that I haven't forgotten about our date.  It's summer time and my kids are keeping me busy and distracted.  My beloved cousin from New York (daughter of my mom's younger sister) will be visiting us this weekend.  I'm so looking forward to spending some time with her.  I'm been busy trying to arrange a living memorial tree to be planted in my mom's honer at Boyce Thompson Arboretum.  I'm taking day by day, step by step and trying to focus on keeping my mom's loving memory alive and well in our lives..  still very tough but I'm here. 
What is your schedule like during the last week of June?  I'm more open during evenings and weekends when I'm not working.  Can't wait to meet you in person. 

Jeeyoung

Hi there Jeeyoung! The living tree memorial sounds just lovely and then you can all visit Mom anytime! Wonderful idea.
I am wide open from the 27th thru the 30th, lunch or dinner is fine what ever suits you, I am easy. My Bro is coming in for a week on the 20th for his 70th Birthday and he is staying at the JW Marriott for the week. July is wide open. What ever you wish is fine with me. Looking forward to it!

Hi Lainy.
             fancy that a great grandma and you so seemingly young and cool.Actually you look very like Joel's stepmother and this is one of the reasons that I have always been so fond of you(there are many others!)
                               love from  Janet

ps  I am ok  amazingly    quite a lot due to my friends here

Thanks, Janet. I try to be cool with 4 amazing Grandkids right here, young not so sure about that! In April I hit 73. Friends and this Board get me through. I do have a Great Grandson on Teddy's side he is 17 months now and I swear he is a little "Teddy". Uncanny how he has his blue eyes, his whole body right down to his bow legs! Always smiling and has this incredible strength like his Great Grandpa had. I saw him for the first time last August and he was about 7 months. His Mom (T Grand daughter)   was walking into the house with him and he turned and caught my eyes and wouldn't take his eyes away from mine then held his little arms out to me and I thought it was quite incredible. Teddy's kids call me 2 to 3 times a week. I feel very blessed. But my daughter will be the Grandma  on this one. I am glad you are doing well.

Lainy,
June 29th Sat sounds great.  Would you like to meet for dinner?  Do you have a favorite restaurant?  You mentioned Tempe Market Place before.. Lainy, your pick!  I'm pretty easy too.  I am looking forward to meeting you.

Jeeyoung

Jeeyoung, June 29th it is. How about 530PM or 600PM. I thought evening would be harder for you. If for lunch say, 1230PM or 100PM? Tempe Market Place is in between us, I think. There is a CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) that is the only place I have gone to there. Unless you have an idea...I am so easy. Wait, that didn't sound right!   480-895-0974. How will I know you?

Each of you could wear a wristband! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Duh, Gavin what a stellar idea. My mind is a blank.....thanks.

I did mean our wristbands! 

http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/donate.htm#order

Gavin,
I love your idea.  I hope it gets here before my dinner with Lainy.

Lainy,
For Sat. June 29th, dinner hour works great for me.  CPK sounds good to me.  I will be the one wearing the wristband.. if you see someone else wearing the same wristband, we just have to invite him/her to join us for dinner!

Jeeyoung

It might be best to not disclose the meeting place via this site.  Better to use personal e-mail or phone numbers for this purpose.
Can't help myself - want you to be safe.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Jeeyoung, HA, HA. what time?  I am 5'1" white hair, CC Bracelet on arm. If I get there first I will wave my arms in the air for every one who walks in.

Lainy,
I will text you with a reply to your post :-)  thank you for looking out for us, Marion!

jeeyoung

You are so right Marion, I thought about it and that fast forgot about it! Thanks. Would be a nice surprise if you were an another one waving her arms!