Topic: First scan since trial started

Hi, everyone.
I have my first scan since I started the trial on Friday. I get results on Monday. It's a weekend of waiting, but that's much better than a week!
I'm trying not to think about it. I have put my faith, and my life, in Gods hands. And I know negative thoughts are detrimental. So I'm thanking Him for steering me to the trial, and telling him I am sure He has it under control. I'm thanking Him for my good results for next week!
I'm feeling like a teenager with acne, but if that's my side effects, I'll take it!
And I will post as soon as I am able so you can all hear how this new drug is working, on me, at least!! I can't wait! I'm very excited!
For those of you who don't know or can't remember, I am in a trial for those for whom traditional therapies have not worked. It's here in the north east, at Fox Chase, U of P and one other cancer center. And I believe there are still openings. The drug is LY2801653.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: First scan since trial started

I will be thinking if you and expecting good news next week right along with you, Kris. Have a peaceful weekend.
Willow

Willow

Hi Cookie! After meeting you I expect nothing but good news. What? A teenager, I really thought you were one! Yeah for Monday!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Kris,

Sending you lots of positive thoughts:-)

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Kris.....I too am excited to hear the "good" news.  Fingers and everything else is crossed on this end.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hoping for some great news on Monday. We'll be thinking of you.

Carl

Hoping for good news on Monday!  Have a nice weekend and distract yourself with something fun!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hoping for good news!

Cathy

Good luck for the scan and results Kris!! My fingers will be crossed and I look forward to reading about in the good news section! Maybe some poker and karaoke would help with the distractions over the weekend!

Good luck!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

2 hours and counting! The scanxiety is trying to get me, but I'm holding it off. Just keep saying its in Gods hands.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris, just keep thinking of that picture on FB of all the soldiers! I think they were soldiers.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.