Re: Decrease in CA 19-9

Teresa, just re read about the trip to Italy. I vote for the trip, absolutely. First of all chemo just doesn't shut down, it continues to work for a couple of months, at least that is my understanding. If Dad is physically able I think its a wonderful idea. If you do this I would make sure to have a recommendation of an ONC where he would be going, just for caution purposes.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Excellent news Teresa! Thanks for sharing that with us all. Hoping that the good news continues for your dad.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi friends,

Just  a quick post to  say Dad's CA-19-9 was 18 yesterday!! CT San showed some shrinkage (a few mms but I will take that)

All the best to everyone here

Teresa

Great news Teresa! Did he or is he going to Italy? Excellent!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Yay Teresa, great news!! Some shrinkage, for sure you'll take that!! Hoping that the good news keeps on rolling for your dad!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Very good news Theresa!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Wonderful news about the CA-!9-9...Let us know if your dad has gone to Italy.  It seems a good thing to do.  Visiting family and his home place would be a great boost to his spirits and morale.  All the best!  These are amazing results in such a short time.
Kathy