Topic: Remembering Lauren

Hi Everyone,

I thought it was about time that I let you know how we are doing. Well, it seems to get more difficult as the days pass. I miss my daughter so much and wish I could see and talk to her. I want to hear her laugh again and watch her get married to her beloved Gio. But, all of this will not happen, no matter how much I wish, hope, and pray. I know we will all see her again one day, but I want to see her now. Mark and I go to the cemetery every day after he gets off work. We feel comforted being near her body. We are going to order her headstone tomorrow and it will be pizzazzy just like she was. The rest of the family is equally as devastated by the loss of Lauren and will need time to heal as well. I will let you know the technical reasons for Lauren's death in a later post. I think it will help you all to understand what happened. I will tell you this. At the time of her death, there was no sign of cancer in her body, so she did win that battle. And we have been told by many at U of M that Lauren will help so many others by what they learned from her. I am very proud of the way Lauren handled herself through all of this. She is definitely my HERO and showed me what strength, determination, and hope are all about. God bless my Lauren and all of you wonderful people waging your own battle. You are all in my heart forever.

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Remembering Lauren

Dear Pam, not a day goes by that I don't think of you and Lauren. Lauren our Super Woman and Pam our Wonder Woman, what a dynamic duo. Please cut yourself some slack and know that it is way too soon to even think of doing anything any different than you are. You have shown the strength of a Mountain and with all you carried on your shoulders and for so long, it is going to take some time to come back down to some kind of normal. Thank you for checking in now and then but please take care of yourself. You are so loved by us all and Lauren.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Dear Pam,

I have known you for such a short time but I think about you and your family every day, wondering how you all are.  It's of no consolation - it doesn't alter anything but you, like your daughter are up there for me in the bravery stakes.  It is so clear why Lauren had all those amazing attributes - she got them from somewhere and from what I've seen, you too have strength, determination and hope in abundance.

You have done what no parent should have to do Pam.   Be proud of all you gave her as a mum and all you selflessly did for Lauren.

X

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Love you, Pam. You and your family are amazing and so inspirational.

Julia

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Pam.....You know that we are here - always.  Whenever you are ready to come back and even if you choose not to do so - we love you - we love Lauren - we want the absolute best for you and your family.  Lauren is with us, on this site and in our hearts and so are you.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi, Pam,
Thanks for taking time to write to us.
And deep sympathy to you and your family.
Go bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Dear Pam,

Thank you for thinking of us at this time and for letting us know how you and your family are doing. I think of you and Lauren each day and you know that we are all here for you always. I can't even begin to think of how you feel right now but please know that Lauren will be here with us all always.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

8 (edited by Darla Wed, 26 Jun 2013 08:54:27)

Dear Pam,

Good to hear from you.  Thinking of you, Lauren, Gio, and all who love and miss her.  Although most of us have never met in person we are all connected in one way or another by this terrible disease.  Know that we  understand what you are going through and are with you in thought and prayers.  Take care.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Pam, sending my love and strength to get through another day. You and Mark are wonderful parents navigating the hardest thing a parent should never have to endure. It is good to hear that you are finding comfort by visiting the cemetary. Grace and peace be with you.
Willow

Willow

Pamela, I'm sitting here crying.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  I know sorry doesn't begin to cover it.  Lauren was my hope story.  I had so much hope for her and if anyone was going to beat this cancer it was going to be Lauren.  I love the picture of you two with her beautiful smile.  Please know that you and your family our in my thoughts.  Please take care of yourself. 
Hugs to you, Michelle

Pamela,
I echo what Michelle wrote... Lauren was my hope story too.. and I was so touched by what devoted loving strong mother you are.. I'm a mom too and I can't even imagine what you are going through right now..  I also amazed that you are back.. so soon...  you are so amazing but in a way like me, this is a place of comfort..  I wasn't sure what I would do after I lost my mom in Mid May.. whether  I will be back here.. but I can't seem to depart.  I hope that you are taking day by day...  and taking care of yourself.

Thinking of you and your family,

Jeeyoung

Pam, I think of Lauren so many times during the day and I think of you as well. My heart aches for you and your family. Lauren was so special to so many.
Love you so much
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Pam,

I too think of Lauren and your family multiple times during the day.  I picture her with that beautiful smile, a smile that was there in every picture I ever saw of her. 

Sending lots of love,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Continuing to send loving thoughts to you and yours.
Willow

Willow

Pam,

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.  I admire your strength and especially the strength and courage Lauren possessed.  Your support to others on this site during your own battle has been amazing.

God Bless,
Lauren

Pam,

I am so deeply saddened to hear about Lauren. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Angie

Angie

Pam, I pray for you and your family every day. I, too, am sitting here crying for your loss. I can only pray for healing strength for all of you.
Lauren was a hero and hope for so many of us! I am honored to have met you two and Lisa.
I am assuming she signed consent for her tissue to be used for research. I have, too. No matter what happens, I want to be able to help find a cure for this monster! Hopefully what I am doing now will help. And hopefully, Lauren is helping win this fight for so many of us.

God bless you and your family, and God bless Lauren and her strength!

Hugs and Love,

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.