Topic: Meeting Lainy

Lainy,
I hope you don't mind me sharing with everyone here of our meeting this evening... 

Lainy and I met tonight and let me just say that she is even lovelier in person if that is possible!  We had a great time talking and sharing stories about her Teddy and my mom...We were talking for almost three hours and taking bites in between. :-).  it was really nice to meet her after exchanging posts for last few months...     

Thank you Lainy for meeting me tonight and I can't wait to see you next time!

Gavin, I hope you can come this way next year and I would love to join you and Lainy when you visit.

Jeeyoung

Re: Meeting Lainy

Thank you Jeeyoung. Lainy ain't nothing if they would meet you! Jeeyoung is so adorable, kind, sweet, loving and oh so smart. Gavin I have some news for you, I am adopting her too so you now have a Sister. Jeeyoung plans to stay on the site as she feels like I did, when it drew me here and to the many wonderful people here. She is hoping to meet Gavin also next summer. I can't wait for our next meeting and to meet the kids and of course Jim. I think we solved all the world problems tonight so to speak. I miss her already.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi,
Lainy,
Can you book your lake side villa next year right after the ASCO 2014( 5/30-6/3,2014). I love to go there in Wiscounsin even I don't like cheese that much.
If Gavin comes to ASCO 2014, then June 4 -5 will be the best dates if Barbara and other would like to come too.
What do you think, Lainy. I can buy a roast duck or if more people will be there ,I will order a 20 pound roast pig in advance for 10-20 people. Marion ,Stella,Linda,Stacie and Kim can stop by for one day too.
What do you think ,Lainy. Gavin ?
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

That's great that you 2 met up and had such a great time! But I knew that you would get on well and have a blast too! And yep, I am hoping to get over next year and am saving up hard for it now as it will take an age to save up enough to come!

That sounds like a great idea Percy and I am most certainly up for that if everyone else is! I can't wait to meet everyone!! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi Percy, what a stellar idea. I laugh when you call it a Lakeside Villa. It's a small but comfortable house with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. Jeanne, the owner is a DR. of Research at Froedert Hospital and the VA. She, Neil (Whom I worked for 20 years) and his partner Stan are coming to Phoenix for their 18th Thanksgiving  with me and this year we throw in Chanukah as it Falls on Thanksgiving. Anyway I can ask her anytime as I need to see if I can get into remission (U.C) by winter, to make the trip again. It was not an easy trip. BUT if I can do it, I WILL do it. We can discuss MENU later. People can come EARLY as there are some canoes and water toys and make a day of it.  It will sleep only 4 as there are 2 twin beds and a 2 couches. Say, people flying in to Chicago can then fly home from Milwaukee in most cases they do not have to go back to Chicago. Like Teddy used to say with his made up words...."We will FINGER it out!"

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I'm in!!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

7 (edited by Lainy Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:00:42)

Of course you are in!  I will cook while you sing! And Percy your kids are invited too. Now let's all send out good juju for this to really happen! Oh and no cheese, Percy as lots of us can't eat it.

Sounds like a plan!

Jeeyoung, you would go to Milwaukee?????  Wowser!

Party at Lainy's then!! Think I'll need to bring a tent for a bit of lakeside camping!!  And if that heatwave that is hitting you guys right now turns up next year then I'll be jumping into that lake a lot to cool off! cool

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I see from the news over the weekend that it is really hot down your way Lainy? Temps of up to 54c???? Ouch! Hope it's not that hot when I come to AZ......I'll melt! Us Scot's ain't used to anything like that at all!!

Gavin, we just go from the house to the car. Yes, it was 119o at the airport and the planes could not take off as it has to be 118o or lower. I will walk behind you spraying you with water! Anyway the first part of your trip would be Chicago and Milwaukee never that hot just more humid. Never had this so hot and I have been here 18 years.

Lainy,
I can't completely commit yet but I will definitely try.  ;-)

Yes, it is kind of far off, but gives us all something to think about. If this heat keeps up I might bake cookies on my car hood like they did in Palm Springs the other day!

Hilarious! How'd the cookies turn out?

Willow

Willow, I guess they were ok. Google Baked Cookies Palm Springs! Teddy's daughter lives there and it was actually 120 that day. We are starting to cool down now to about 111o!

Saw last night on CNBC that they tried to fry an egg on the road in Las Vegas! You're going to need a lot of water at this rate Lainy to keep me cool!! But, a bit of heat won't stop me from heading over your way!! smile