Topic: Hi All!

Thank you Lisa for posting for me! It has been a wild few days for my family. I got my transplant on 7-9.
I am doing good for the most part! Surgery went good, and I only needed 4 units of blood, that is almost unheard of with cancer patients. I was only on the vent for 3 hours! The doctors were so surprised at how well my body did.
I got my NG tube out yesterday, so my noise feels alot better. I don't have any swelling or jaundice, my liver functions are a little high, but they say this is normal after transplant.
Right now the only things I'm dealing with are: normal pain of surgery, I have a few leaky places (but they haven't leaked tonight !!), and of corse getting my bowels in working order again.
I got to meet my donor yesterday, he is such a sweet sweet man, He was doing well from his surgery as well!!!
Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, and hugs! Keep them coming! I should be moving into my apartment in the next few days, boy an I ready to get out of this hospital!!
Love to you all!!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Re: Hi All!

Dearest Tiff, will ya all look whose here! Unbelievable! And you are even posting. You are really some kind of Super Hero! I can't even imagine meeting your donor, that had to be the experience of a lifetime! Here's wishing for you to continue on this successful road and hoping for a quick and smooth recovery. Lisa did a great job keeping us informed. Oh, I am so relieved! You made my day!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Tiff!!

Great to see you on here again! And wow, what a great recovery you are making!! So happy for you that it went so well and hoping too that your recovery continues to go smoothly. Hope you get out of the hospital into your apartment quickly. Glad as well that you met your donor and that his surgery went well also, that must have been an emotional meeting for you both. Go Tiff! smile

Hugs, lots of them!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

So happy you are doing well!! I can't believe how quickly you are posting all this great news!! Now get those bowels working and move into that apartment! This is such wonderful news!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Tiffany,
I am full of joy at your post and how well everything has gone with your transplant. May God continue to bless you!
Willow

Willow

Tiff....what fantastic news to wake up to this morning.  You are amazing.  Now, a big "wake up" call for the bowels and off you go. 
Hugs and hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Wow, you are amazing!  It must have been an emotional meeting with your donor and I am glad he is doing well too.

Keep up the good work and here's to getting those bowels back to workin'!

Hugs,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Tiffany,

I am so thrilled to hear how well you are doing. That's amazing!  Good luck with the rest of your recovery.

Suzy

Tiffany,

You are truly blessed!  We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers and will be waiting to hear about more of God's miracles in your life.

Blessings,
Bob and Nancy

Thank you all! I'm kinda surprised how well I am feeling. I do have some pain, but most of it is from sitting in bed. Brian and I just went down the street to Starbucks. It felt good to get out of this hospital room. Looks like we will be going home tomorrow morning.

You went to Starbucks already?  Amazing, Tiff.  Your bowels must be functioning again.  Great news.  Wishing you a safe and easy trip home.  BTW:  most likely you have tons of information re: liver transplants however; I wanted to point out Josh's blog:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jhoneycutt
Josh is doing wonderful too.

Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Tiff, you are blowing my mind away! You went down the street for coffee?? Can you eat anything? How is your appetite. I KNOW it was NOT, but you are making this look like a walk in the park. What's next a shopping trip???  LOL

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Well Brian pushed me! wink
The bowels are stating to move better...I think the coffee helped! I'm eating just about anything I want. They have a nice little minute for me to choose from.
Only bad thing is the Starbucks made my blood sugar go up to 337!! Not good! Going t have to keep an eye on that.
Thanks for the link to Josh's blog, I will for sure check it out! Can't ever have too much info.

Tiff....I am sure that they have advised you to move around as much as possible.  Yikes on the blood sugar, but now you know what triggers that.  You are doing amazingly well, what a joy it is to read your postings! 
Hugs,
Marion

All I can add is AWESOME!  smile

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

16 (edited by magic Sun, 14 Jul 2013 05:20:41)

Fantastic news
                    Janet

Tiff,

So glad to hear you are doing well! I used to work in the ICU liver transplant patients went to and I must say just 3 hours on the vent is crazy amazing! You are superwoman.
Do they have you on steroids?  That may be contributing to your blood sugar issues. 

Take care!

Susie

This is brilliant progress Tiff! Hope your bowels start moving more regularly too and also that your blood sugar levels come down, but I bet that the coffee tasted real good! Great stuff!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi Tiff,
I'm thrilled to hear about your transplant surgery and your recovery process!  I wish you continuing success and recovery.  Thank you so much for keeping us up to date.

Jeeyoung