Well, we met with the oncologist today, he says that because of where the tumor is he would only suggest the chemo right now for nine weeks and then see if the tumor shrinks, there is no metz that they can see, but the tumor is pushing into the right side of the liver and that's why they can't operate, it has to move away from the right side so they can resect the left.
We are trying to get to cancer treatment center of America, but they have not gotten approval from insurance yet....man that really ticked me off....I'm fighting for my life and your worried about freakin' insurance, are you kidding me???? Mayo wants to start chemo asap, but I really wanted to seek another opinion first, but don't want to delay treatment unnecessarily. I have three kids, all teenagers, my 15 year old daughter lives full time with me and I had to tell her about the diagnosis, we cried and she and I and her stepdad had a nice evening joking around and trying to forget this stuff for a few minutes. My other two kids are with their dad and I'm dreading telling them. My oldest son had leukemia when he was 4, so he is not going to take this well. My youngest won't really get it, I hope to tell them in the next couple of days. Any advise on that would be appreciated.
So, sorry I'm rambling, but now I'm considering Moffitt, since it is close to me, but I'm afraid that they will say the same thing that Mayo is saying and then we wasted precious time. What do y'all think????