Topic: Seen Dr. Javle today

He is very happy with the way my transplant worked out! I seem to be recovering great!! I feel good! He is giving me a month off chemo, and then when all the testing from my liver comes in, he will decide what chemo will be best to use! He said 4-6 more months depending on how my body does!
He also said he has been getting lots of emails and phone calls from patients about my transplant. I hope this opens the door for more people to get a new liver!
Other news--Brian and I need to get away from this hotel / apartment. So we are going to a beach that is about an hour away on Friday. Dr has no problem with us doing this. Just said for me to not get in the water and for me to use lots of SPF.
All liver functions and bilirubin are normal too! I might get my staples out this week!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Re: Seen Dr. Javle today

Tiff....you just know how to make a normal day special with your posting.  It is thrilling to hear that you are doing so well. Enjoy your day at the beach.  You and Brian deserve a break. Kudos on the removal of staples soon. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

YEA and YIPPEE, Tiff! You are a real miracle. Go enjoy your Beach and time with Brian. I love this good news!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

LOVE LOVE this!! I am so so happy to read this! Go enjoy your beach time... No sun burning allowed!
This is the most fantastic news! I am so happy for you, all I can do is cry!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Tiff,

Congratulations on great recovery!  Enjoy your day with Brian at the beach on Friday!  That sounds like a wonderful plan.

Jeeyoung

Enjoy!!

Willow

Yay Tiff! What great news indeed! You most certainly enjoy your break at the beach with Brian and I hope you will both enjoy it! I too hope that this will be the start of transplants for other patients as well, and hoping also that you get your staples out this week.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

What a fab post to read Tiff :-)  Slap on the SPF and have a great day at the beach.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Tiffany,
So happy for you! Have a wonderful time at the beach. You are an inspiration!
Dianne

All good Tiff,nothing like a beach to truly lift your spirits

Janet