Topic: NEW ONC

Percy, had 1st appt. with my new ONC today. I LUV her. I am so glad I switched, I ALWAYS listen to my gut. Her name is Michelle Lau and she is from....Hong Kong! Graduated from Duke U of Medicine and is only 35. She does have 1 CC patient who is in her 30's with a baby. We didn't really get in to it yet but I did give her some brochures. Anyway she is ordering a CT Scan and said it will be my last full scan as she doesn't think I should keep having all that radiation. Then she was telling me she has Jewish girlfriends and always wanted to go to a Passover Seder so I told her this Spring she and her husband can come to mine! She asked what I make and I said brisket and chicken. She said no lamb and I said no my family won't eat it. I said, wait a minute you invite yourself to my house and then tell me what to make??  We were cracking up! Gosh people from Hong Kong sure are nice.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: NEW ONC

Hi, Lainy,

It is indeed  " a small small world" like the one in Walt Disney theme park.
It is even smaller that you know two of them and one is me.

Lainy, it is not only the two of us  from hong kong ,but all the  people over the world that touched by your sincere  character and warm heart .

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

PERCY you and I both have a hard time accepting compliments! BTW It's a Small, Small World is one of my favorites and also at Universal Studios...ET. My favorite movies as I got so many messages out of it!  I just thought you would get a kick out of my new ONC being from HK. I was telling her about you, yes I was and she said she will definitely come to your Chinese Restaurant. She misses the food in HK.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Glad to hear that your meeting with the onc went well today Lainy! This sounds promising indeed. Better get a bigger joint of beef next spring then and a few extra chairs as well! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I'm so glad you found an onc you like! I agree, it makes ALL the difference!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Glad that you love your new Onc!  We never have lamb at Passover, do some people?  Perhaps Sephardic Jews do?  Anyway, it's not surprising that you connected so well with your new Onc since you have such good intuition about people (and obviously she does as well ).

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi, she is Catholic and they studied all about the "Exodus" from Egypt. I am thinking because of the Lamb blood on the doors that saved the children others associate Lamb with Passover. Think? It's brisket and chicken for us. I asked her if she ever had a Matzo Ball and she burst out laughing. She is so cute this is going to be a fun Seder IF she really comes. I made a Haggada (Seder Book) years ago and geared it towards the children. I think now that they are 17 - 24, time to try and make an adult one!!! That's a good project.