Topic: Tattoo

I went to a tattoo party yesterday with my design (from the Internet). I now have a tattoo on my left calf that says FAITH and HOPE. it's really cool... One way it reads FAITH and the other way it reads HOPE. I had it colored green and purple and FAITH is facing me when I look down.
Was I allowed to get one? I have no idea. But it's something I've been wanting to do for 2 years now.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Tattoo

All Right Kris!  Sounds really cool!  smile  One of my sons is a tattoo artist and after Jim passed I had him do a custom design on my shoulder.  Now Jim is the angel on my shoulder.   smile  My first and only tattoo.

Love the color combo.  I'm sure it looks great.  Keep your Faith and always have Hope. 

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Aaww, Darla. What a tribute! You made me tear up!

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi Kris,

I saw your tattoo on FB and it is awesome. I am planning out a tattoo of my own. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would get a tattoo, but I want something on me that means something to me about Lauren. Something that I can touch whenever I think about her. I think I am going to get it on the underside of my wrist. Something small. My friends will probably all think I'm nuts, but I really don't care. If it makes me feel better, that's the only thing that matters.
Darla - yours sounds awesome too. I remember when I first joined this group, Margaret had just gotten a tattoo. It must be the thing to do!! I miss you all and read the posts every day. I still don't feel strong enough to answer or comment to the new people. I hope to be able to help soon.

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

PAM, Don't worry about what others think. YOU GO GIRL. Actually I think Lauren would like that. Don't worry about the Board either. It will all still be here when you feel up to it. Glad to see you again and take care.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Pam,
You do what feels right for you !
Luv
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Pam,
You need to worry about yourself and your family. We will still be here when you are ready to come back and help us out! And I hope you know I pray for strength and peace for you and your family every night.  I also hope you have gotten to see Gio.

KrisJ

I love the idea of a tattoos to signify those that we love (including ourselves!!).

I've thought about a tattoo as well.  I do have 6 tattoos but I don't think they count because they are dots to mark off the area where I was radiated for breast cancer.  Boooo. 

I say go for it Pam!  And bravo to Kris and Darla!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

9 (edited by Darla Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:15:39)

Hi Pam,

Hope you're doing OK.  Think of you all the time.  I agree,  if it feels right, do it!  smile

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Randi,
I joked about having 4 tattoos before this!! Haha
I have my 4 dots from radiation, too.

KrisJ

I saw your pic of your tattoo on FB yesterday Kris, nice! Hope it doesn't get too itchy when it starts to heal! Mine took a while to heal properly and it itched a bit!

And I agree with the others Pam, go for it if you want to get one!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gavin, it's starting to itch! Lol

KrisJ

Go for it Pam x

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Pam....please, please, don't worry about us - let us worry about you instead. 
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Lol Kris! Annoying isn't it! Some tattooists used to say to cover it up until it heals and others say to leave it uncovered until the scabs fall off as it heals quicker that way. I used a cream on mine and left it uncovered as I think it heals quicker that way and itches less. And don't scratch it!!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

You go gals

Louie