Topic: Taxotere no longer appears effective ?

Got Ct Scan results today and was not what I was looking for.  All tumors slightly increased in size and additional nodules showing up in my lungs. pleural effusion also increased on the right side. Multiple nodules in right lung Base.  Lytic lesions on vertabral bodies have increased and should be considered metastatatic. Right upper lung field shows mass laterally measuring 9cm in diameter.  Liver tumor appeared no change.  4x3.5 soft tissues mass adjacent the esophagus in the distal thorax possibally slightly larger.  Well, will see doc on the 5th of June and see if we are going to up this taxotere or try something new.  Ther can't be to many more drugs to try. Ha! just kidding I'm sure ther is still quite a few.  Whatever we decide will have to wait until I take my little trip to Maine in a few weeks.  Well that is my update for today.  Looking forward to Peter's live chat. Cheerio for now.  Will let all know what adventure I decide to embark upon next.

God Bless,
Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Re: Taxotere no longer appears effective ?

Jeff,
I am sorry you didnt get the news we ALL wanted for you. Keep us informed. Have a wonderful trip to Maine.

I too am looking forward to the Live Chat! I do hope I can stay up for it.

Take care.
Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Sorry to hear you didn't make that touchdown yet but I am sure the coach has some more plays up his sleeve. From what I read about you and your strength of character and your goodness to others, I don't think he's going to take you off the playing field for a long time! Us Rookies need a seasoned player like you!   
If you are unable to make a touchdown, here and there, gaining a few yards would be very nice!  Even if I am on the "other" team.....GO Pack! Thinking of you...Lainy.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Doggone it Jeff - not the news you or any of us wanted.  We know you'll keep on fighting one day at a time.  Maine in June?  I bet it's cool there.  It's going up to 90 today in NC.  You're never far from our thoughts and best wishes.

Carol

Best of luck, Jeff - if anyone can find a new way to beat this thing, it's you. I know you're feeling good mentally (and we're all inspired by you and your attitude), but how are you feeling physically? I always mean to ask you that - seems that you never really complain so I'll just give you a chance to do so here!
Have a great time in Maine - keep on truckin!
Joyce

Jeff,

Prayers be with you.  You know we are all pulling for you to make year 10 and beyond.  You are certainly an inspiration.  Hang tough!
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Hi Jeff,

Such a bummer about the last scan!

G

Jeff - sorry to hear the bad news.  I know you will keep on fighting.  You are an inspiration to all of us.  You will be in my prayers.

Hey guys! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.  Like Lainy said I'm a well seasoned player and the game is far from over. GO Pack! and keep on trucking! Still feeling pretty good Joyce, thanks for asking. Just finished remodeling the kitchen so the will be my testimony of how I'm feeling. That's rough work. that's the second and last time doing that.  Valerie will have to settle for paint or change the curtains anymore. Ha!
Bless Ya All! ...... Kris...I almost forgot, the bird house I built had a tenant. (Robin) I watched for the last 2 months or so. Little blue egg to birth and flew away with mommy and daddy. Didn't have to use my hair after all they built their own little nest.
Jeff G.

Wow - remodeling a kitchen?! You really ARE a superman! My husband can barely do that without moaning and groaning about his aching muscles, and he's totally healthy and probably younger than you! (But don't tell him I said this!)

Jeff, you are such a beacon of light here - I see you've already found a new treatment to look into. We should put you on the board of the Mayo Clinic or something, to show people the way when they've been hit with this terrible disease, give them some hope and a chuckle.

Stay strong,
Joyce

JeffG wrote:

...I almost forgot, the bird house I built had a tenant. (Robin) I watched for the last 2 months or so. Little blue egg to birth and flew away with mommy and daddy. Didn't have to use my hair after all they built their own little nest.
Jeff G.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Jeff - I am sorry to hear your news.  You are such an amazing person and truly are an inspiration to all of us involved in this fight.  Keep your chin up and keep fighting the fight.  We are all pulling for you, as you are our rock. - Colleen

Jeff,
You remain an inspiration!
When are you headed to Maine?  Are you driving?

I've been a bit crazy and haven't checked in here lately as much as I like to.  Among other things I've been remodeling a basement.   Maybe we should add carpentry to the list of alternatives eh?

-Peter

Hi Peter... Fly in to Maine evening of 25th and return morning of the 29.  Just a short little visit to see my Mom and my brother decided to have a family wedding while I was there,  So another family reunion I guess you could say.  Yes , I agree carpentry is good therapy.  Nice to hear from you. Sounds as you have been quite a busy Man.
Take Care and Bless,
Jeff G.

HI Jeff,
   Enjoy yourself in Maine. We went there for our honeymoon almost 28 years ago. I'd like to go back. My son is in Peru until Sept. and my husband wants to go very badly. I figure my son will eventually move there permanently so there's no rush but then we shouldn't put things off either. We've been living in a state of denial the past year or so but I know things could change very quickly. I just need to win the lottery- then we'd take off , no problem!! Oh well I'm glad to stay home and enjoy our birds and flowers. We have a barn full of swallows that I love to watch. Take care of yourself and we're sending positive prayers and thoughts your way!! Just keep on fighting!!   Mary

Hi Mary.... Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not done beating the bushes yet.  well, time for a nap.  Just finished weed wacking, mowing, and redoing an area in the kitchen.  Not happy with the way the texturing came out on the sheet rock that wasn't cover by tile.  Looks like I might have done it this time by george.
Cheerio ,
Jeff G.

hi Jeff,  I have to thank you for giving me hope. You have no idea the inspiration I received from you when I first posted...9 years amazing well I beleive just from what little I have read that you are an amazing man and that your desire to beat this little monster   WILL not slow you down for long..obviously you are still ready to TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT and then some!!!!!!!!! Keeping you in my prayers along with everyone else here.  Hugs to all, deb

18 (edited by JeffG Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:04:41)

Debrah.... Thanks!  Had fun Chatting with you and everyone tonight or tomorrow wherever they may have been living in the world of mystery and hope!
tootles,
Jeff G.