Topic: Cholangiocarcinoma Process Flow

I have an idea which will require a ton of work. And if the experts on this forum feel there is merit, I will gladly agree to help build the model.

In my 4 months of being involved (daily), I see each new person coming in with the same questions, fear, concern, etc. that we did. And I see the responses to each person being somewhat the same. What I have learned is those initial responses may be a good starting point, but they may not hit the target and then it is up to the person to ask more detailed questions.

And that is where I see a glitch. Like me, most people don't know what to ask next or how to traverse ALL the information to be able to boil it down to "What do I need to know and what do I need to do next". This is the scariest time for newbies and - accepted - the hardest time to provide a definitive answer to their question. But maybe we can get closer ?

I am an engineer by background and have been involved in process flow, process improvement my entire career. I coordinated global process improvement programs within my company. I am only using that as a basis for my next statement.....

Do you think we can build a process flowchart where a person can link in at any point - no matter what their personal situation is - and find the appropriate course(S) of action to go forward??

I see the work done by Percy and Bruce to collect information for each patient. I see the research done by ALL moderators, many senior members, and others, and I ask myself - how do we make sense of this all for the benefit of our entire community.

How would this get started? It may require a few personal meetings to get the core input. Those meetings could be in person, Skype or some other video forum, or other standard technologies like "Go To Meeting". At some point, there would be a 2+ day "Whiteboard" session where we would build a basic model, send it out for review, and then define it. Afterwards, we would be in a continual change process for quite some time as we 1) modify/expand the existing model while 2) continually adding to the process.

As one who has been involved in this process for 30 years, I want to caution you - this is hard work. But it is incredibly worthwhile if we believe we can help many people find a clearer path than they have today.

I await your response and understand that this may be outside the scope of this forum.

All the best,
Carl Scheitrum

2 (edited by marions Sat, 03 Aug 2013 17:53:58)

Re: Cholangiocarcinoma Process Flow

Carl...fantastic.  I will contact you and set up a phone conference with some of our board members. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

3 (edited by PCL1029 Sat, 03 Aug 2013 22:20:51)

Re: Cholangiocarcinoma Process Flow

Hi, Carl,

It is an outstanding idea and need to be done as soon as possible.

Most of us,the moderator and specially gifted members, will agree that we may have answer the same question multiple times to different people who inquired about the same. Or they just do not have the time to look up the info even just fron this web site. But like you suggest, if we can improve the information flow,
We can use more time to help more or deeper in each member's request.
Especially if it is medical related; the problem of that is some times the newer members did not disclose the details of each patient's disease state, like stage, intra or extra hepatic and I believe they mostly are looking for oncology treatment since cancer is the terminology that link to oncology, but unless the oncologist directed them to surgery or interventional radiologist for consult  first, most new patient may not be aware of other forms of cancer treatment available to them unless they are fortunate enough started  with the multidisciplinary team approach thru large major hospitals that use this approach.
Thanks for you to donate tour time and energy for this web site.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.