1 (edited by Lainy Mon, 05 Aug 2013 16:55:32)

Topic: This and That

Clare I want you to know your picture (avatar) did not go unnoticed! You are uh, I want to say ADORABLE! I think it is so much fun to see what everyone looks like. I always try to guess how they will look. I was actually close about you in my mind but pictured shorter hair. You are terrific.

Next: I am wondering if many of you have ONCs who require you to come to their office after a Scan/MRI/PET is done to get the results or do your ONCs tell you over the phone the results. My newbie, I found out today requires the patients come in. I am glad I called as I had my CTA last Wed. and have been waiting for results. She had planned on the discussion August 30th at my next apt! I couldn't believe it!

Last: It's been a sad today as my Grandson was going to be a Daddy in February and my little Beda ( I call her that, it's Sicilian for beautiful) lost the baby at midnight last night. Would have been my 1st Great Grandchild. Now the angel is with it's Great Papa. There will be more!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: This and That

Aw Lainy that is sad about the baby.  Teddy will keep her safe now.  I hope your grandson and 'beda' are ok. 

I too noticed your new picture - love the blonde. I'm getting used to my fringe after many years without one.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

So sorry about the great grandbaby.  Such a sad event.

I always schedule a scan and a doctor's appointment a few days apart.  Usually my GP calls and gives me the results before I get to my onc appointment.  I have never waited weeks!!  That's crazy talk!

I also love all the pics, it's too bad they are so small.

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Lainy,

Sorry to hear the difficult news. We are thinking of you and your family during this challenging time.

Carl

Lainy,

I am so sorry about the baby.

Maybe it is because so many of their patients are from out of town, but MD Anderson has a great procedure for scans. I have my scan one day and the next day I meet with the doctor and get to see the scan and go over the results. I can't imagine having to wait!

Suzy

Thank you all. I was wondering about the ONC and scans as I didn't want to start off on the wrong foot with the new one, if that is normal. I know Teddy's and mine (we used the same ONC) always called us.

Clare thanks for thinking I am blonde, it is actually silver white. Threw the brown bottle away years ago. LOL

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,
Sorry to hear about the baby.
And, no, none of my oncs would discuss over the phone besides possibly "there's nothing bad, but we want to talk in person" yada yada.
I now get scans on Friday and results on Monday.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi, Lainy,

I don't know what to say except I am sorry about the news;no parents want that to happen to them. Please send my condolence to your grandson and wife.
Since I am working in the hospital setting,I have to know people and develop networking among different departments. I usually get the CT or PET scan report the next day, the same day as  my oncologist.I usually make my own  oncologist appointment after I get my scan and the monthly lab report so I know what is my current condition when I speak to him, and I always choose the last appointment spot on his appointment book so i can talk longer with him,get prescriptions renewal etc.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Thanks again guys and gals. Percy what a great idea to take the last appt of the day!
Suzy, I was at the new Banner MDA here and lost faith in them, having to do with co-pays and no one could give me an answer that made sense. My insurance company and a few others told me that they are charging for a room even though I am not staying. Yes, I had the same 24 hour wait and that was nice but didn't care for the ONC either. Man, its hard after you have the best and then he retires! Well I will have a little chat, or sit down as Teddy would call it, with her on Wed. I told the staff I didn't mind paying for an appt. to hear my results. Not waiting until August 30th!

Really sorry to hear about the baby Lainy, I hope that your Grandson and his Beda will be okay. Not the news that anyone wants to receive, a very sad day indeed. I am sure though that you will still become a Great Grandmomma soon though.

And I too like everyone's pics in their avatars.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Lainy,

so sorry to hear about baby.  Baby is in good hands with Teddy.

Louie

Lainy,

So sorry to hear about the baby.  Very sad news - I hope your grandson and his wife take the time to grieve this heartbreaking loss.  I wish them happiness for future pregnancies.

Take care,
Mary

Lainy,
         Hi there ,sorry about the great grandbaby xx
   I hope you are ok with your health stuff and enjoying life.The platinum hair is pretty sexy really!
                                          Janet

Hi Percy, I will give it an honest try, I am not too good at this. But for you, dear. I shall try!

Percy, it has always been my dream, well for the last 8 years, that we could do a mini convention like in the mid America area or even a Cruise. Can you just imagine the very first ever CC.ORG Convention?

She's great!! Funny, too! But she doesn't seem to like Wisconsin egg rolls....

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

And I'm in for the cruise or whatever! I'll beg, borrow and steal to be able to go!

KrisJ

Ha,Ha Cookie...Just so everyone knows. When Kris visited me, one night we went for Chinese which we both love. We started with egg rolls..now get this...they were filled with canned sauerkraut. OMG! I know Milwaukee has a large German/Polish population but this was too much to bear. Then we laughed ourselves silly as we could not believe it! Then went back to the lake to watch for tornados! Miss you!

Egg rolls with sauerkraut???? That just sounds wrong! And if you can pull this crusie off then I am there! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

ok, I have to draw the line at egg rolls with sauerkraut!  that is just disgusting smile

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.