Topic: Meetup in Pa/NJ?? Anyone?

Hi,
I tried this once before, but dropped it.
I think there are enough of us within a 50 mile radius in Philadelphia, New Hope, Princeton, Cherry Hill, Basking Ridge, Easton.......
Would anyone be interested in a meetup? Possibly lunch time? I'm thinking a good middle area might be around New Hope. There's a big Pizza/italian place near there, a large diner, or a little farther north, a good sized American style restaurant.
I'm pretty sure most if us aren't working at present. But if so, we could do a weekend or evening, although I think that would be harder to coordinate. I work very part time, so can just say I'm unavailable for whatever day we choose. I will say that at present, Tues and Thurs evenings are out, as I do like my evening job and don't want to lose that.
Lets see if we can become our own little support group!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Meetup in Pa/NJ?? Anyone?

Aw, Cookie, brilliant idea. Wish I could say yes, hope you get a lot of yesses!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kris,

I would love to get together and have the opportunity to talk to you and others that are dealing with this terrible disease.  New Hope is probably about a hour's drive for me but I would be willing to do it during the day.  I start to lose my energy in the evenings so that would be a tough drive for me.

Thanks for attempting to organize this.  I hope it works out!

Mary

Mary, thanks for responding. There's people from southern New Jersey, too, so I'm trying to get to all. I think the farthest one will be Macungie.

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Absolutely Kris.

This would be very helpful. I will defer to your area - Philadelphia. But I must add a plug for the fact that we could meet during Musikfest in Bethlehem, Pa. One of the best music festivals in the country. However, it would have to happen within the next week, so maybe we do Musikfest in a future year after we've gotten to know each other - and our tastes in music.

For what it's worth, I don't do country..................

Carl

P.S. I would gladly help you build a Northeast Support Group.

Count me in from Cherry Hill. New Hope is only 45 minutes away.

Carl, I LOVE country!! Lol
Music fest would be a tough "get to know you" venue. But count me in for next year! Of course, I would want the country venues!! smile
So it's Kris, Mary, Carl and Chris for now! I know there's more! Are day times good for us all? For me Mon or Wed would be the best because I wouldn't have to worry about talking all day and having to leave for work.... Except for 9/9. Doc apt.
I will have to think of where to meet, and ask if they will accommodate us. I think the diner idea might be best? Soups, veggies, and meat, etc...

KrisJ

Kris...can I push this a little and maybe you would all come to Phoenix! Sorry, can't blame a girl for trying.  LOL  We could to Karaoke every night!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I would love it!!! But this is a low budget meetup. No planes, trains, or hotel rooms needed. Unless someone from farther away is interested? Then I could find the prices for the hotels near New Hope!

KrisJ

Hi Kris
I replied on the other thread but would love to meet - I am in NYC so something in the Basking Ridge to Phila area would be doable for me.
Thanks for your help here!

Kris...how about Karen?  Have you contacted her?
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hey Kris, I in.
Of course it depends on the date since my situation is kinda fluid.  But I can try my best to make it work.
YIPPEE!!!

Kris, I would love to join your meetup in New Hope.

Hi everyone! What a great response so quickly!
I hope we can pull this off so EVERYONE can make it! I just set up an email account and am only going to use it for ths so I don't lose anyone's info... I'm good at losing stuff.
Please email me at kris00j@gmail.com and give me contact info, availability (I know, it changes) if you know your schedule, and whatever else.
This is going to be exciting!
Hugs!!

KrisJ

Please count me in.  Just let me know when and where and I will try to attend.  Distance does not matter to me so anywhere that works for everybody else is fine with me.  The only iffy part (which is such a blessing) my daughter is expecting in September.  I will send my email info to you within the next day or so.  Thanks for taking this on Kris.  It is exciting.

Wishing all God's blessings!

It sounds like a Thursday might be the best. If you have not, please contact me via email at kris00j@gmail.com.

KrisJ

Hi all:
The lunch will be Thursday, Sept. 5 in a new Hope, PA area restaurant.  Told them around 10 people...  Hope we can get that many! We will be segregated so we dont have to worry about offending the other diners appetites! Lol
Please contact me at kris00j@gmail.com for info if you haven't already.

KrisJ

Woohoo!  Sounds great Kris...looking forward to meeting fellow cholangios.  Kudos to you for organizing this luncheon.

Wishing all God's blessings!

Just got my schedule for next week and wouldn't ya know it...they scheduled me for a doc appoint that day.  Soooo, I called with my sweetest voice and begged for a reschedule, telling them about this really cool meeting with fellow members of the CCA club, and they were willing to work around it.  Yippee, I'm still in as long as the fatigue gods (very small 'g') are kind - can't wait for the Part-tay!

Kris, do we need a Secret Password; need to wear a special color (I don't have much green); or will we recognize each other by our ports and thinning hair...LOL.

Enjoy the last official week of summer all, Renée

A secret handshake... Hah!
I'm gonna tell them we are the cc club. Secret enough, except for us!

KrisJ

This sounds like so much fun - wish I could be there too.  Please, please, take pictures and possibly come up with a little story for the Cholangiocarcinoma Blog.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Ok. I will.

KrisJ

I remember when CC meant Canadian Club.  Man, am I getting old...or just missing the days when I could ask for such a beverage?

RVB, thanks for the chuckle, we need that now and then. I did make a 'virgin' Mimosa using OJ and Seltzer/white soda. Also Cranberry and white soda, is that a Shirley Temple? Talk about one dating themselves!

Lainy, a Shirley Temple is cherry juice and clear soda.... Sprite or 7 up?
Lol

KrisJ