Topic: Hemp oil

Has anyone heard of hemp oil as an alternative to fight cancer.  A man named Simpson supposedly claims his hemp oil can cure cancer!!

Re: Hemp oil

Patty.....some amazing claims have been made in re: to cancer cures. There will always be those individuals exploiting those that are in dire need of treatment.   
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I am ALWAYS skeptical of things like this...

IF it was a "cure" for cancer--wouldn't people be using it all the time
and being cured?

Not sure it would hurt to add to the "fight"--but the skeptic in me
always thinks IF there was a "cure all" for this darn disease--people
would be doing the "cure" and there would be no more cancer. sad

A quick google shows that name Simpson all over the web with regards to hemp oil and cancer and to me, that sets alarm bells ringing. Found this from 2009 -

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org … ng-cancer/

http://www.nature.com/bjc/journal/v101/ … 5248a.html

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Sadly, one of my 'chemo buddies' gave up on the chemo because it was so debilitating.  She is 47, has four children - all have Asperger's syndrome to some degree.  She said she did not want her children's lasting memory of Mom to be of her lying in bed, or being on or over the toilet.  Can't say I blamed her, the FOLFIRI really beat her up.  The next line of treatment was said to be even worse with stronger side effects.

She saw a TV show about cannabis oil and how it kept an ALS patient alive and relatively well, and that it was 'proven' to cure cancer.  That was all she needed.  She researched and found a Canadian company that would sell her a one month supply of cannabis oil for.....$1200 a month!  And she bought it.  I did a quick internet search on the company she is using and all I read were negative comments.  I told her and sent her the links, but she ignored them.  I guess she is grasping for anything at this point.  I haven't heard from her in a while, and of course I wish her well and that this is her miracle cure.  But to me, it sounds like someone taking advantage of a desperate person. 

Do I believe that Big Pharma is taking advantage of us as well?  Probably.  Do I believe that some (not all!) physicians do not have the patients best interest in heart?  Absolutely, I've been in medicine for far too long to believe otherwise.  But I have faith in the science and research behind the treatments available, and sometimes faith is the best thing we have.

Oh, Renee, what a sad story about your chemo buddy. I agree with you about everything you said. I wish some of these snake oil people could be incarcerated, the way they prey on sick individuals.
We had such good news today with our Randi and I hope it gives a lot of our Members a lot of HOPE!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.