Topic: Surgery Tuesday!!!

We got the all clear for surgery yesterday! Keep us in your prayers!!

The doc said the tumor had grown some since June but that is expected, 3 to 6 nodes will be removed, he also said there was something around his aorta that they need to check out but he isn't too concerned. well should I be?? Other than that he feels like everything should go well. Gordon is doing good, gaining strength every day!

I am just trying to keep it together, get everything together for our 3 week or so stay, and drop off my 6 year old for a week sad But all for getting Gordon better!

Heather

My husband is my hero!!! Love him so much!! We are going to fight the best we can with knowledge, support from friends and strangers and God getting us through!!

Re: Surgery Tuesday!!!

Wow, that is great Heather. I am praying for God to come through the surgeon's hands and that all will go superbly. Hand on and Be strong.
You never know how strong you are until "strong" is the only choice you have!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Heather....fantastic.  Know that a tidal wave of good wishes, love and support is heading Gordon's way.  The fact that he is feeling well and gaining weight all make for a good combination for success. 
Big hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Heather,

Thanks for that and this is great news indeed that Gordon is able to have surgery! I know that you have a lot to organise right now, but stay strong and stay positive. Tons of positive thoughts are coming yours and Gordon's way, and please remember to keep us updated on how everything goes, good luck with the surgery.

My best to you both,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thank ya'll!

I will repost on this thread

Heather

My husband is my hero!!! Love him so much!! We are going to fight the best we can with knowledge, support from friends and strangers and God getting us through!!

Great.  We are ready to hear good news.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Oh and yall are all welcome to come to MD Anderson if you would like!!! smile I know its not that far from any of yall right?!?!?!?!  jk

I just thought I would try, thanks for being my peeps!!

Heather, fingers and toes crossed. Plus a little word to the big guy! I'll be watching for the great news!!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Heather, great news..will be praying for great results
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Great new Heather :-)

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

That's great news Heather!  Best wishes.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.