Topic: Prevalence of Bile Duct Cancer among Printing Industry Workers in Comp

Prevalence of Bile Duct Cancer among Printing Industry Workers in Comparison with Other Industries.

http://www.bioportfolio.com/resources/p … -with.html

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Prevalence of Bile Duct Cancer among Printing Industry Workers in Comp

Thanks, Gavin for digging up all these articles!

Willow

Kris...did you not work in this Industry?

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

4 (edited by Karen Sat, 14 Sep 2013 07:49:56)

Rob and I worked in the printing industry all our adult lives.  The main printing performed is screen printing, but Rob also ran an offset press for quite a number of years along with the screen printing.  Years back, before more industry innovations, we processed all of the film required (used in making plates and screens) by hand.  Exposure to chemicals through osmosis definately occured.  Then there is also the fumes involved in both the chemistry and the printing inks.  That all being said...his grandfather (so you are talking prior to differentiating orphen type cancers) died of liver cancer in England.  We are so in need of so much more research to help figure out how to prevent and diagnose this diseace sooner.

Wishing all God's blessings!

My husband worked in the printing industry for over 40 years.  I worked at a printing company the year before I was diagnosed with my cc!

I worked in the printing business for almost 30 years. Many of them I was the person changing/cleaning the chemicals. I definitely came in contact with lots of chemicals. Ruined a few sets of clothes by spilling/splashing them on me, too.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

My dad worked in the printing industry for nearly 50 years as well as a compositor.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.