Re: Survival...Please tell us your latest milestone

Hi Everyone,

Celebrated 4 years cancer free January 2013.  Still dealing with stented bile ducts but otherwise o.k. 

xxoo
Betsy

Hi Betsy,

What great news indeed, congratulations!!! Love hearing news like this and thanks for sharing with us all! And of course I look forward to hearing about the next 4 years from you!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Dear Betsy, HI! So good to see your smiling face but better yet is your fantastic news. I do believe you well deserve a big YIPPEE! But we are kind of selfish here because we want to hear more reports like this one!!! Enjoy and keep us posted!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Betsy...fantastic,  - can't believe it has been 4 years since diagnoses.  And, you are such a trooper in regards to the stents.  Stay well, dear Betsy, and keep sending us the great news.  As you know, we thrive on it.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Betsy-Congrats!!! You give HOPE and inspiration to all our new members!!
Lots of prayers-Cathy

Congratulations Betsy!  Here's hoping there are many more great goodnews milestones ahead for you.

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

57 (edited by thebompie4 Tue, 30 Apr 2013 07:48:28)

i love reading these great milestones--

i guess the one thing i would love to know are more details about
each of you.

original staging of your cancer.

what you've done (chemo/surgery/transplant) to treat it.

had the cancer spread originally.

etc. etc.

is there hope for someone like my husband?  or all the "success"
stories people who have had surgery?

Hi everyone, long time not visit,
my partner, diagnosed 6 years ago April 2007, then chinese treatment, then operation in April 2009, (posted in 2009) everything ok ever since. just had 4th year check report, everything ok.

WONDERFUL news!! Thank you so much for letting us know!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

All these milestones give so much hope!!

Hi Lucian, what great news, I am elated. You and your partner sure did something right!  Keep the good news coming and ENJOY!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

way to go Lucian!!  Thank you for sharing.  That is an amazing milestone.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Lucian....how wonderful of you to check back in with us and share such exciting news.  Congratulations.  Is Adri going to China for his yearly check or is it done in the Netherlands? 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

This is brilliant news Lucian, thanks very much for checking in with us all and sharing that!!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

2 year scan: "Stable Examination. findings are not suspicious for tumor recurrence or metastatic disease." Yeah baby!!! Will post in Good News also with more details...

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (15) and Sydney (13)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Derin, astounding news!!!! Keep it coming!!!

Derin, what wonderful news!! So happy, happy, happy to read it!

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Update on me...
31 months and still feeling good!
Entering the 6th (4 week) cycle of this trial, and everything is still stable.

KrisJ

Dear Kris, hip, hip hooray!  You go girl!!!

kris, I have forgotton, what trial are you on?

I'm on an inhibitor drug from Lilly. It doesn't have a name yet. Still in phase one.

KrisJ

Kris , I wish you all the best , you are a great fighter and hope source for us

This is not my personal experience---and I don't even have a name,
but in mtg with a 3rd opinion onc. here in our home town who
actually said he sees A LOT of cc--he said he has a patient who
is 8 years out with this cancer and doing well!!

The patient had a resection and after 4 yrs the cancer came back
and then this person has been 4 MORE years doing really good.

Eight yrs seemed FANTASTIC to me.  Just thought I would share.

Even though it's "he said, she said" it is a factual example.

I love reading these posts.  This gives me hope and a reminder that we should never give up the fight.  I am 34 dammit and I am not ready to go anywhere anytime soon.  I love to see that miracles really do happen!

Hope, love, strength...2013 and for the years to come, Porter.

Very encouraging!  It does give us new cc patients lots of hope.  It has been 1 year since I was diagnosed.