Topic: I'M HOOOOME

Hi all. Just got home from my first Remicade infusion. The Nurse, Warren was fabulous. Not  even a mark where he put the IV. AND he is 1/2 Sicilian! Right now my only effect is drowsiness from the Benadryl he gave me for some of the side effects I may have gotten. We both agreed next time he will cut the Benadryl in half.
So, I have to take a Benadryl the night of each infusion in case I get any effects while sleeping. Like total redness, itching or not breathing right. Also have to lay low for the next 2 days as I could get flu like symptoms.
So I have an infusion Oct 4th and NOV 1st then it will be every 8 weeks. He says forever but my GI said when I go into Remission I will probably go off.  So it was not nearly what I though it would be although he said #2 and #3 infusions  the crucial ones as far as reactions then its a breeze the rest of the way. So far a piece of cake.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: I'M HOOOOME

Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as you thought it might be Lainy!!  Yay for Sicilian nurses smile

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Glad to hear it went well!

Suzy

4 (edited by Pamela Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:21:02)

I'm happy you had your first treatment and you are feeling ok, Lainy. I'm sure you are every nurse's dream to have as a patient. I can only imagine how funny, sweet, and so much fun you are. Woohoo for the 1/2 Sicilian nurse. I hope you continue to feel better and the Remicade really helps. Sending tons of hugs and good thoughts your way.

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Glad things went well today.  Hope this continues and that the treatments help.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Thanks girls. Pam, not sure I am being laughed at or with! It doesn't bother me. I will sleep good tonight as each time I have an infusion I had to take a Benedryl that night in case a reaction occurs while I am asleep. The reactions are itching, turning beet red or not breathing right. Then he said I may get flu like symptoms over the weekend. The next one is Oct 4th then Nov 1st then every 8 weeks. I stopped for Chinese at lunch and also picked up something there for dinner.  Mmmmmm

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy -

You were in my thoughts all day today. I am glad that it went well today....and two days of rest will probably be good for you, more than likely going to be hard to keep you down. And benadryl will definitely make you sleep so enjoy a good night's rest.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Lainy, I am so happy your day went well! I can see you regaling the nurse with stories, and the two of you laughing! Here's hoping the rest of the treatments go as well.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris, we did. The Nurse is a he, Warren and he was GREAT. You can't even see where my IV was. I have to take another Benedryl before I go to bed now and it works really fast! ZONK He was telling me all about his Sicilian Grandmother. There is a wonderful Italian cookie called a Pizzelle and I know just where I can get them and I will take some to him Oct 4th. I am sure his GMA made them as all the Nanas did. By the way re your other post about the head cover. Try on some wigs I still have fun with mine!

Welcome home. Glad to hear your first treatment went well. Love the Sicilian nurse. Sending healing prayers.
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Hi Lainy,

So glad to hear the first infusion went well.  I'm sure having the Sicilian nurse helped!!!  ;-)

Hope you enjoyed your Chinese food and slept well last night.  Take it easy the next few days and I will continue to pray you get through the other infusions with ease and no major side effects!!!

Stay well and keep your sense of humor!!!

Love,
Mary

Yea Lainy.  Happy all is going well and so nice to have such a wonderful nurse.  Sending healing energies your way.  Enjoy your couple of days of relaxation.

Wishing all God's blessings!