Topic: Butch and I are off to University of Pittsburgh Medical Center

Hi Everyone,
     Butch finished his two weeks of chemo, and was off a week. Pittsburgh scheduled us for a CT scan on June 30, and we will meet with Dr. Gamblin that day. So - he is off chemo until then (he should have started another round this last week). He feels pretty good, and  tumor markers came down - more than cut in half, and liver functions tests are down, down, down since chemo  (bilirubin normal, etc.) . So - although we haven't had a tumor measurement since Mayo, we feel pretty confident that things are stable, and are hopeful that Pittsburgh will be a go for a liver resection. At a mimimum, chemoembolization. I have been reading the new postings each day, and want to wish everyone well - so much going on with so many people. 

Joyce

Re: Butch and I are off to University of Pittsburgh Medical Center

Joyce,
I am sending you the best thoughts that everything is stable and liver resection is on its way.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Joyce,
We are on our way to Hopkins today for surgery. Scarey isn't it? Faith in God sustains us tho. i will pray for you and your hubby.
                                      Anne

Thank you Anne - we are praying for your husband's surgery - that it go well, and gets all the bad stuff.

Joyce