Topic: 2 1/2 years cancer free

Hello everyone.  I just had my 2 1/2 year post resection scan and it shows "No evidence of disease. "  Those are great words.

I had my resection 5/11 for intrahepatic CC.  Followed by 3 cycles gem/cis, then 6 wks radiation with Xeloda, then 3 more cycles gem/cis.

I remember when I went to Mayo, the oncologist I saw said 95% recur within 2-2.5 yrs post resection.  So, I guess I should be optimistic, but it is still hard.

I am very thankful for the good results.  CT scans are so stressful.  I see my oncologist on Wednesday, so I'll let you know what the plan is.  I think I am going to switch to MRI's.  I get CT's because I get my chest, abdomen and pelvis scanned.  I think I am just going to get liver MRI's at this point.  I've had so much radiation, it always worries me.

Well, it is a beautiful fall day here in Portland, so I'm going to go enjoy it.

Take care everyone!

Susie

Re: 2 1/2 years cancer free

What words can I say?? Oh, I know! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Susie, I shall follow Kris with a big YIPPEE!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Such wonderful news, Susie. I am so happy for you.

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

So happy to hear that. That is such wonderful news for all of us. YIPPEE!

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Susie,

Great, great news!!!  I hope you enjoyed the beautiful day in Portland!

Mary

Susie...you know how to make it a beautiful day for us all - no matter where we live -.  Congratulations on a perfect scan result.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Been waiting to hear this good new!!!
<3
So happy!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

What great news!  This gives those of us that are starting this journey some great hope!

I opened the computer with caution- and so glad I did.  You made my day.
Wonderful news!

Best Wishes,

January

Absolutely FANTASTIC.

Wishing all God's blessings!