Re: Rough couple of days

I understand, reminds me of T. My parents and brand ex never told me the 3 little words but T did daily. He wouldn't walk near me in the house without stopping for a T-Bear Hug! Oh, we had our spats, usually 2 good ones a year.  I would immediately retreat to the bed angry and in 5 minutes he would come happily in to the bedroom, go to our gorgeous wedding picture on the dresser and talk to it, like, "has anyone seen my beautiful wife. I have been looking all over for her, where did she go, I want my beautiful wife back". Well of course it cracked me up every time and that was that. I feel so lucky to have  had that kind of love.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

He doesn't say the words as much but I know when he says them that he means them. I heard them many times with my ex but it came with a serious alcohol problem and when the alcohol was there....so were his fists. I was very leery when Mark seemed too good to be true. But he would kill himself first before he ever raised a hand to me. He has been there for me when I had my own significant struggle with depression and he helped me put the toxic relation with my mother on the back burner. We have our arguments which usually means and stomp and shout and he just waits until I wind down to say anything then we talk it out. He's learned that I often need to vent then I can deal with the problems. My ex died in November from his alcoholism and Mark was there for me through it....It was a little rough since my son was his only real living relative (my ex's father had too much dementia) so i ended up doing all the arrangements for him and Mark held my hand and never said a word. I really did get lucky.

Okay so all this talk reminds me again how special he is even when he is being a grump.

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Well ONC came in a bit ago. I went to leave and Mark wanted to know where I was going so I stayed. He did tell him about the frustration levels this week and they talked about the scan in two week. Mark says he feels like he is spinning his wheels and going no where. He thought it would be like taking Antibiotics and he would feel better....Hmmm most people really feel worse with chemo. Doc offered him an antidepressant and he declined. He did say we would revisit it in two weeks.
Numbers are all good. CA 19-9 is trending down which is what we want and everything else looked good so we are off on another round. The only thing was his blood sugar was 421. They were a little freaked out but we covered it and by lunch he was down to 177. Good man decided salad was a better lunch today.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Hi Kris,

Glad things are more "normal" today.  Mark sounds like a great guy.  He just had a bad day which is understandable given what he's going through. It's a tough road and I know for me some days it just hits me what I'm going through and I lose it.

Hope chemo went well today and drive home was uneventful.

Take care.

Peace,
Mary

Kris a report of POSITIVITY!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.