1 (edited by barbara6193 Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:24:08)

Topic: 2nd Annual Memorial Silent Auction Benefit Update

The 2nd Annual Memorial Benefit was a great success.  The event was held at Sizzle Bistro In Manchester, NH.  We had over 65 items, which were all donated for the Silent Auction, there was a 50/50 raffle – and my sister (who owns the restaurant donated 10 bottles of wine, which we sold wine corks for $5/each and at the end of the night 10 lucky winners got to pick a bottle of wine.
It was an emotional night of sharing stories – great food – music – and a night to raise awareness and money.  $8,200. total was raised for The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation - WOW!!!!! As I reflect on the generosity and kindness everyone has shown for Jacques and Becki – it was a very emotional night. Rob (who helped with this years benefit in honor of his mother, Becki Mignogna, who lost her battle with CC on January 17th, 2013 - which ironically is my Jacques' birthday - was not able to attend the Benefit as his first child – a son, Ryan was born at 4:30 PM, the day of the benefit.
Another member of the CC family Suzanne Murch aka Oceangirl, and her family came up from Bolton, MA. She is a sweetheart -  I just wish I had more to talk with them that night - but I was busy with all of the logistics - I did not have much time to socialize.
As I said the night of the benefit - it is because of my amazing family and friends, that I make it through this so called life - for this I am truly blessed.  I have already started making to-do lists and plans for next year's 3rd Annual Benefit. CANCER - I am out to get you - Watch out!!!!!

Re: 2nd Annual Memorial Silent Auction Benefit Update

Oh, Barbara CONGRATULATIONS! Job well done. I am sure CC is going to run the other way when you are around! A thank you to Rob. You are the ones who will really make a difference for us in fighting this disease so many, many thanks.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thank You Barbara!!  Sounds like it was a fabulous event! 
That's a significant contribution to the CC foundation and the CC family.

Willow

Hi Barbara,

Just want to thank you for your dedication to CC and bringing attention and funding to it.  You are one amazing woman!!!

Peace & Gratitude,
Mary

Absolutely fantastic Barbara!!  I'm sure Jacques & Becki were smiling down on the festivities.  Ditto to what Mary posted - you are one amazing woman. 
Peace be,
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Bless you, Barbara and thank you too!! Your thoughtfulness in taking on this enormous task is so greatly appreciated. One day this cancer will be a thing of the past thanks to amazing people such as yourself. It sounds as if it was an amazing time.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Way to go Barbara! That is awesome. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.