Re: I need advice on decision to do chemo. Pls. Help

Dear Patricia,

Your original post resonated with my doubts about my mom's treatment, and I found it very helpful.  I think you are really honest and brave for having posted it.  Thank you. 

I am very sad to hear about your experience on gem/cis.  I'm sending you warm thoughts for strength and peace.

Re: I need advice on decision to do chemo. Pls. Help

Wow, sounds like chemo is really putting a dent in your quality of life.  I commend you for at least trying it.

I wonder if there is a less toxic chemo that would help you but not give you these horrible side effects.  What does the onc say?  I am just saying this because for me, I would want to have considered every option available and then decide. (and you may have already done this, so sorry if I am saying something you already know).

My thoughts are with you and I hope whatever you do will give you peace and comfort.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.