Topic: My Own Little Scare

I've been kind of a little more quiet on here the last week or so as I dealt with my own little scare. Being the good nurse and dealing with all the recent cancer in our house, I was doing my monthly self-exam and found a rather large lump in my breast. Scared the living daylights out of me. Took me a few days to even get brave enough to make the appointment. So today while Mark was in chemo I went and had my mammo and an ultrasound done. I hadn't even told him what was going on.
And I am happy to say I panicked over nothing. I was feeling a medium sized cyst that is nothing to worry about at all. Thank God! I would have run screaming into the night if we had gotten a third diagnosis of cancer in one year. I would really think it was something in the water.
Thanks for letting shout out my relief!

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Re: My Own Little Scare

Oh, Kris! So much more stress to deal with. I am so happy to hear it was just a cyst.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi Kris scary story with a happy ending. I check myself also and had a lump and realized it WAS my breast. The law of gravity at my age!!!  LOL So glad all is good!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kris...so glad to hear that everything is o.k.  Thanks for sharing this with us.  Caregivers wrapped up in the welfare of their loved ones too often neglect  their own health.  Excellent reminder to us all to be vigilant and conscientious of our own health.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kris,

Thanks for sharing and glad all is well.  smile

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. It was rather scary and I am glad to say it is all for nothing.
Had a little rough yesterday after chemo, it's really starting to get to him. His numbers are still good enough to do chemo but his red blood cells are dropping so getting anemic....don't tell him but I switched him to PreNatal vitamins. They have a little more good stuff in them. He slept most of today. But we only have three more doses to go.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Kris,
I just responded to Sandy and am going to send my troll Dave's way for a tumor snack. He likes them! I will send him on to you, too, to munch on Mark's for dessert! He's probably feeling neglected as I haven't needed him lately.
Hugs,

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.