Topic: December ct scan

Hi all.
I get to post the word STABLE again! Yay! The scan showed no new growth.
But it did mention fibroid uterus and thymic tissue for the first time. Not sure if I should be worried. According to what I read, fibroid uterus is fairly normal in 50+ year old women, and thymic tissue seems to not be worrisome?

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: December ct scan

Kris, first of all YEAAAAAA!  Next when I was in my 20's I had fibroid tumors. Don't jump to any conclusions until you talk to the ONC. I couldn't say anything as that was 50 years ago and I am sure everything must be diff now. I am thrilled with your stability. 10 years after discovered I had a Hysterectomy or like I usually say they took the crib out. I had cramps and that is why they removed them. I am ecstatic about your "stabelism"!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

The onc didn't mention them. I read it later on the report.

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Ha, Cookie, don't they know they can't pull anything on you?!?!? Stan and Neil and Jeanne just left yesterday from Thanksgiving.  Stan really likes writing to you! I don't blame him. He said you are the most upbeat person he has known.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Congrats Kris!!  That is great news to hear!!

I have actually gotten some other "things" on my scans that I started to worry about but it really isn't anything out of the ordinary.  I had a "externalized" ureter. which I have always had.

Try to focus on the positive.  This is fabulous news Kris!!

You are a miracle.
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

OK, Randi, you must know I can't resist this comment. If the uterus is external....here it comes.... how do you hide it when dressing? The other day my Gastro guy asked me if I am ready for surgery? I said heck no, the only  bag I want to wear is one from Macy's!

Tell them hi!
More good news: my care nurse called to tell me the CA 19-9 is 27.7!!!!!!!
YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

KrisJ

Oh, is that your age??? Or your admirers?? Which ever its great news.

Kris...sorry to get to this so late, but I want to make sure to share your joy. Congratulations.  As far as I know, fibroids are left alone unless it becomes bothersome. But you have not even been aware so I would think that it will stay that way.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Woohoo Kris!!  Way to go.  So very happy to read the good news.  Blessings of the season to you!

Wishing all God's blessings!

Great news Kris. Very happy for you smile

Oh, also, my Mum has had fibroids for absolutely years. They're non-cancerous and just seem to sit there, not doing much!

Brilliant news Kris!!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hey Kris,

I'm so happy for your good news!!!  Stay positive and continue to ask God to bless you!!!  Stable is such a great word!!!

Love & Peace,
Mary

Congrats on your good news!!!  As with everyone else, I am so very happy for you.

See you some time soon...renee

Kris, this is FABULOUS news on both scan and markers!! Good for you! This trial seems to be the right thing for you! I am also impressed at your faith and wonderful energy that you so generously share. Keep the good news coming and let us know what the doc says about the fibroids.
Cheers, Willow

Willow

yay kris! I want a cocktail of whatever you are on - on the rocks right away!!!

Hi again, Kris
Just wanted to let you know that I learned at work yesterday of a treatment for fibroids that sounds like embolization to "plug" the blood vessels feeding the fibroids. I'm not sure what conditions warrant such treatment but this particular  had so many fibroids that she had to have a c-section to deliver her daughter safely. Later, they did the embolization and the fibroids shrunk up and "died". I didn't know that embization of blood vessels is used for so many conditions in medicine. My older sister also had embolization of a blood vessel in her brain that had bled (hemmorhagic dissecting aneurism) last year. Miracle she survived the aneurism and is thriving today. Interventional radiologists do this kind of surgery. Anyhow, I'm digressing!!  I imagine that if a woman is past childbearing age they just do a hysterectomy if and when fibroids become a problem (but they aren't always a problem).

Willow

Willow,
I am waiting until my next appt to discuss. It obviously isn't much of an issue or I'm sure they would have said SOMETHING! And I have had so many embolizations, what's one more? lol

KrisJ