Re: Road Map & Systemic CCA Chemotherapy,Targeted Therapy & Options

Hi, everyone,
I have again revised the "systemic treatment" by adding the two articles about  cancer treatment  using vaccines and TIL  immunology and its comparative future  with mAbs and small molecule ( TKI).
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Hi,
I have  updated the above topic, adding links for Folfirinox and celecoxib; and some personal experience in the usage of capecitabine and celecoxib.

I will update the same topic after the ASCO2013 held in Chicago in June,next month if there are any.

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Thank you, Percy....you are unstoppable in your quest of making our world be better place.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Percy, thank you so much for all your hard work. I heard that CC heard what you do for us all and when the CC was seen it was running down the street in the opposite direction! No kidding, we need to clone you and have all Percy's working right with you!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thank you Percy!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi, Gavin,
Thank you .

God bless.

Hi, everyone,

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article … n_sectitle

God bless

Thanks Percy.  I believe that the above information had also been summed up by Dr. Jordan Berlin, two years ago, ASCO. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks for that Percy.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi, everyone,

I have  revised the"systemic treatment for CCA" by adding or revising #18,#22 and #23.
and Near the top of the message ,I add three links to  3 of the articles  about the  newer anti PD-1 immunotherapy for solid tumors.

God bless.

Thanks for this latest revision Percy and indeed  for all of your work on this thread, it is very much appreciated indeed!

Gavin

Hi, everyone,
I have added my experience of Tarceva on the list of "systemic chemotherapy"

http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … 198#p57198

God bless.

You are one of a kind, dear Percy. 
Patients and Caregivers should print out and stay up to date with the ongoing developments.

Thank you so much Percy.

Percy...you are the best!!!!!!
Peace
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Thank you Percy for this post. 

Serena

Periodically we should revive this thread.  Percy wanted to make sure that the important information contained will continue to aid in the guidance of this disease.
Hugs,
Marion

I am searching through all of the chemo links that amazing Percy has put on the website. Time and energy means I'm asking this though am sure the answers are all there.
I am being offered Gemcitabine and cisplatin chemo. I have heard that Cemcitabine and Capicetabine (Xelolda) is as good with more tolerance. I already had Xeldo which has kept obvious scan results clear for 4 years. Any advice?
Love to all affected in any way.x
Angela

One data point.  My first chemo was gem/cis.  Onc went to gem/carboplatin before the second when I said the ringing in my ears increased.  Ask about whether you should get a hearing test before starting - that way you would have something objective to compare against to see if there really is an impact on hearing.

Duke

Fighting with dignity, not desperation.

Live, Laugh, Love

45 (edited by marions Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:30:09)

angel-mar.....there is a good chance that Xeloda will be considered again unless of course you have reached drug resistance.
Hugs,
Marion

Asked about Xeloda again today. Told that although the cancer proved sensitive before it might be resistant to anothe treatment but the Gem/Cis has evidence to extend lie by 2-3 months although toughter regime. So, that's the one being offered.  Duke, will keep that in mind and continue to explore other options too. Over here if funding not given then it's a fight to get the drugs and in the land of cc we don't have time. What we can do though is hopefully help future patients diagnosed with this.
Will be starting in 2 -3 weeks if bloods ok.
Love to all