Topic: Patient Advocacy and Pharmaceutical Industry Collaboration by Marion S

Patient Advocacy and Pharmaceutical Industry Collaboration by Marion Schwartz Director of Advocacy.

Thank you Marion!

Just thought I would post a link here in case people may have missed this.

Hugs,

Gavin

http://cholangiocarcinoma.org/wp/

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

2 (edited by marions Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:07:32)

Re: Patient Advocacy and Pharmaceutical Industry Collaboration by Marion S

Thanks, Gavin.  I should explain further:
DIA http://www.diahome.org/sitecore/content/Home/About-DIA
has established a patient advocacy consortium. Each year DIA offers grants to advocates representing a disease specific organization.  I was one of the lucky ones chosen and now am considered a DIA Advocacy Alumni.
Fast forward:  In 2012, at the DIA conference, Philadelphia, I presented to the Stakeholders the position patient focused foundations such as ours hold in regards to patient outreach and possible clinical trial accrual. 

Added to this, I had the opportunity to meet up with our Kris and Karen - and that alone was worth the trip.
Hugs
Marion

P.S.  you most likely know to click on the slide in order to follow the entire presentation.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Patient Advocacy and Pharmaceutical Industry Collaboration by Marion S

Thanks for the explanation Marion. And yes, meeting with Kris and Karen would have definitely been worth the trip to Philadelphia as you say!

Hugs back at you,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.