Topic: Rockefeller center anyone?

I have never been to see the Christmas tree... I missed it by a week last year. This year I AM GOING!!! Anyone interested in meeting around Rockefeller Center before Christmas? It's up from Dec. 4-Jan. 7. I'm thinking the week of the 8-14? I'm pretty much good any day except Tuesday and Thursday. Weekends will be more crowded, but might be better for some to meet. Do I have anyone that wants to meet up there? We could also do the weekend in January if that is better.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Rockefeller center anyone?

Aw Kris I would so like to say yes!  It's just a tad to far for me to make at the moment.  I'll just have to watch Buddy the Elf and pretend I'm there!

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Reviving this... Serena/Regina lives near there, and she and I are coordinating meeting and viewing the tree! I would love to see it at night, but will settle for daytime. I will be taking the train into Penn Station then depending on where we are meeting, hopefully taking the subway. It will be the 2, 3, or 4th of Jan.

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

What a great idea.. Do make it happen and enjoy! I can't as I'm in CA but Iove your spirit of fun and forging friendships in person, not just cyberspace!

Willow

Hi Kris
I am definitely up for meeting you there.  Let's coordinate.  You are more than welcome to stop by while you are in town.

I would like to go on Friday, for anyone interested.

KrisJ

I'm going to have to cancel. I will have to wait until 2014/15 to see the tree.
I woke up today with the cold my brother and niece had last week. But I'm staying in so it hopefully doesn't get too bad! And with the snow forecast, I guess being out all day in the cold would not be smart.

KrisJ

Kris,

Sorry you aren't feeling up to going to Rockefeller Center.  It sounded like such fun.  I was in NYC with friends years back, but it was in September.  Would love to see it over the holidays.  I'm sure it is awesome.

Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Darla, congratulations to our new moderator!! Not sure if I congratulated you yet...
I'm so glad I cancelled since there's a good 8-10" of snow around here.

KrisJ

Hope you get over this cold real soon.  How long does the tree stay lit?
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks Kris.  Hope you get dug out soon.  Storm missed me here this time.  Went south and that's just fine with me.  I'm already so done with winter.  Had enough snow and cold already.  sad 

Feel better soon.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

I'm wondering how the medical care is by the equator!! lol

KrisJ

Sorry Kris to have missed you this time, but I hope you got dug out.
We actually did not get all that much snow here but it sure is cold - I for one do not like when the temps drop below 70 degrees so I'm glad I saw the tree early this season!
Stay warm safe and dry and get rid of that cold!

14 (edited by Darla Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:58:42)

Kris,  Not sure, but I will have to ask Janet how good it is in Australia.  smile  She is a nurse.  Her husband also had CC and passed away a few months after Jim.  Actually met her on this site and have stayed in touch since then.  She is a wonderful lady and I'm sure she would welcome a visit.  Unfortunately both time and money are "all" that keeps me from going.  smile  Not the equator, but much closer to it than we are.  smile

Sandy, I agree, 70 is about as low as I would like to see it go and absolutely no snow or ice either!

"One Day At A Time"