Topic: Maundering or Epiphany? Not for the faint of heart.

All anyone has is today and a hope for tomorrow.  Make the most of it.  Everything we know today is built on the past.  We can't ignore it.

“Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.”  George Santanya

“Don't look back.  Something may be gaining on you.”  Satchel Paige

“Don't look back.  It takes your eyes off the path and you may stumble.”

We, as a community, are a great source of strength and support for each other.  But we, individually, have to be our own main supporters.  When we wake up in the middle of the night or any time we are alone with our thoughts, we are all we have to confront our fears.  Plus, we have to give our other supporters time off to recharge their batteries so they can be there when we really need them so we can get to tomorrow and leave the darkness in the past.  The past: remember it all, treasure the good, learn from the bad, but always know it has passed – the good and the bad.

How do our supporters do it?  Day after day they give and give, knowing what they know.  In another context I learned my wife's greatest fear – being alone.  Today is her birthday.  I guess one difference we know it will be sooner than later, as opposed to those who die unexpectedly in a car crash.  There can be some sort of preparation.  Such love – how can I return it?

Apparently when a new child is born, older ones may worry that there will be less love for them.  Aimee always told them "Love multiplies, it does not divide."

Got back on track with chemo today.  Missed two weeks ago - low platelet count.  Missed last week - viral infection.  Platelets around 125,000 today.  The path stretches out in front.  Please walk by my side.

Fighting with dignity, not desperation.

Live, Laugh, Love

Re: Maundering or Epiphany? Not for the faint of heart.

Hi DUKENUKE (just felt like calling you that) Sorry you had a virus but remember the Chemo keeps on working for awhile. Your post is beautiful and Happy Birthday to Aimee. In your post you said, " Such love – how can I return it?" My feeling is that you are getting this love because you have already given it to Aimee! We are wonderful creatures and sometimes I feel we get so much from someone it makes us want to give it back to them ten fold. And I want to let you know we are all walking by your side!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

What a lovely post... Heartfelt, real and honest.  You are not alone on this path. We're walking with you.
Willow

Willow

Beside you, in front of you and behind you....we are with you, all the way.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

What a beautiful post.  Very thought provoking.  Yes, we are all here to help and support  both of you.  Happy Birthday to Aimee.  smile  I know that in your situation it is hard to imagine or believe, but I've been there and can tell you that should the worst happen,  Aimee will be OK.   She will be amazed at how strong you can be and what you can do when faced with what seem to be impossible situations.  As with the CC, all you can do is take it one day at a time.  Hoping for the best for both of you.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Thanks for the support.

Actually, DukeNuke is closer than you think.  I am a nuclear engineer, commonly referred to as "nukes".  If you ask my co-workers, "Duke" is probably a better fit than say "Prince".  Maybe "Joker" or "Court Jester" would also fit.

Fighting with dignity, not desperation.

Live, Laugh, Love

Oh my! Too funny, Duke. And when I hear Duke  the first thing comes to mind is the BIG DUKE, John Wayne! But now I will be tossing into my mind DukeNuke.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

What an amazing post. x

Clare

In the stars now . . . .