Topic: Second-line systemic treatment for advanced cholangiocarcinoma.

Second-line systemic treatment for advanced cholangiocarcinoma.

http://gicasym.org/content/122959-143

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Second-line systemic treatment for advanced cholangiocarcinoma.

Hi, Gavin,

Thanks ,good job well done.

BTW, if I may ask everyone, is that really you want ( the extra 3 month of life)  in exchange for quality of life with three month less on  earth knowing that all the treatments is palliative  in nature?

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Percy, good question. I know Teddy opted for quality and I know I would too.
Sounds like a good conference. Hope you get a little free time in my favorite city.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

The quality of life question was very important to my dad and that was why he chose the PDT over the chemo. Knowing what I do, I would make the same decision for myself now as well if I was in that situation. But that's just my personal opinion here. Hope you're enjoying the conference Percy!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Percy -
I am a big advocate of quality of life versus quantity of life. I think I would chose less time if it was quality time. I think a lot of people don't think that way.....and I don't always think doctors understand that either. It seems I have had more than my share of end of life talks.

What I want to see is something that keeps the quality of life and adds some quantity too.....not asking for much am I.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.