Topic: Good Fortune

To all who post here and moderators, You are one of my many blessings. I am grateful to all of you for the information and support that have helped things go so well for me. I have been blessed with health, and my oncologist told me last week I am cured, I will not be seeing him anymore. It has been a journey that taught me about life and death, about happiness and sorrow, about small victories and big ones. It has been increasingly difficult to post about good news amongst so much sad news. My key to dealing with this has been to find a way to help others who need it, every day, to give myself in some random act of help or kindness with no reward intended. I hope to find a way to contribute in the future, but words and thoughts of encouragement have not flowed well lately and I almost don't remember the feeling of laying in a hospital bed. I have read more than written lately, and I hope for a way to contribute. i wish you all health and happiness, Pat

Re: Good Fortune

YIPPEE! WOW! STUPENDOUS! CONGRATULATIONS! What news for me to wake up to. Pat, you are a Miracle! Never feel bad about posting good news as with good news comes HOPE for everyone!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Pat,

So happy to hear your good news.   No one should feel bad about posting good or bad.   Your post gives hope to others who are fighting this disease.  Any and all posts are important to someone who may come here for help.

Stay with us and I'm sure in time you will find your own way to contribute in a way that you are comfortable with. 

Once again, congratulations on your success in fighting CC.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

That is awesome Hercules!!  Great good news.  Congrats. I am sure you are an inspiration to all of those struggling with this awful disease.

Hugs,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pat.....thank you for sharing with us this incredible, good news.  Your comments on this site have brought much pleasure to many and your postings will continue to enlighten those looking for answers to this disease. You are "cured" and that brings amazing joy to us all.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

6 (edited by hercules Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:07:26)

Randi, Lainy, Darla, I don't know why god has chosen me to see and feel and Live what I have and I am not tempered by all this, I am no pillar of strength and I cry more now than when I was 6 months old. Life has made me aware and opened my eyes to the difficulties some must face. I try to share my triumphs and I hurt to read what this awful disease does to us. I am the little fish that escaped the whales mouth. I do not feel so happy as one would think. I feel for all the others, and I feel their pain.Life is a gift and a blessing,and every day is a miracle. It is hard for me to express the feelings I have for you all. Pat

Dear Pat,
I want you to know it is not only ok to celebrate your good fortune, but it lifts all of us up!  You deserve to have been cured! You deserve to be happy too. It sounds like you might have a touch of survivors guilt.  You are a compassionate person and have much to contribute here, even if it's only every once in a while.  Many people who have survived a traumatic time in their lives choose to leave it behind and never look back.  You have chosen to stay here on this board, share your concern for others and your remarkable story.  It's been 8.5 years since your diagnosis.  It is wonderful that you specifically give due credit to the ultrasound tech who saw and suspected this rare cancer in it's early stage.  That is one of the keys to improving the odds for everyone.... early detection!  Though my sister was not so lucky to have been diagnosed at an early stage, she had very few symptoms. It was assumed she had gall stones and the ultrasound tech inspected her gall bladder and found it to look fine.  Rather than just call it a day, the tech went around and around looking at my sister's liver and noticed something else amiss. Kudos to the astute ultrasound techs out there! 
Healthy Blessings to you, Pat!  Willow

Willow

This is brilliant news Pat, it doesn't get better than that! Thanks so much for sharing with us all and please, please do not feel guilty or bad about this news in any way. I do hope that you will continue to share with us all here and I know that people now and in the future will want to hear your experiences with all of this.

Once again, please do not feel bad or guilty in any way about anything.

My best wishes to you,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Pat, this is such a great story to read, never, never hide it.  Your sensitivity towards the sad and negative news is touching but the good news must be heard and celebrated.

I spent most of this morning crying with sadness but tonight your post has made me cry with joy.  x

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Marion, Gavin, Willow and Clare, I am happy to hear your thoughts and you are right and there is a lot in this world of ours that is not how we would wish it was. I know sharing my case and all I have is in hopes of others doing as well as I am. You should all be proud of what you have done with this site, I will try to continue to contribute and keep you all up to date, but I do take a break when it overwhelms me. For now I am doing well, I tried volunteering for a local cancer support group which I like, it was like applying for a job with a background check and all, ended up all they had for me was to distribute flyers for their main fundraiser. This was a little too invisible, and I felt I could make a bigger difference helping an old friend who had throat cancer, and had his larnyx removed and he did not drive. I was given medical power of attorney for him and for two years I drove him to all his appointments and spoke to his doctors for him, his radiation treatments required a mask to lock him in place, this caused him to have panic attacks during his treatments and he was truly afraid of the machine which is quite intimidating. I held his hand through all this and we beat his cancer. he was suddenly taken by an infection last year, and in recognition of all I did for her son, his mother gave me his prize possession an old convertible that had been in her garage for 28 years. I told her I would never sell it and I would remember him every time I touch it.People were making very large offers for this car, and this dear woman thought more of me and what I did for her son than any pile of money. Wow, every now and then selfless acts are rewarded. I love this sweet old woman and I have continued to help her til now. I show this car at local cruise ins, and I have taken her for rides in the car, and I know I have made her happy. These are the kind of distractions that have kept me from opening the laptop very often. When winter releases my area from its grip I will be out driving as well, so I will do what I can, Pat

Pat....I strongly believe that good things happen to good people.  You are one of these special human beings.  Enjoy your life as you are already doing, dear Pat.  We will always be here for whenever you want to peek in on us.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER