Topic: WOW! That's All I Can Say!

Yesterday visited with my GI and he is taking a back seat so to speak as he knows that for a while now I will be with Dr. Runfola…the surgeon and Dr. King the Neuro Surgeon. When I was leaving he put his hand on my arm and said, “you are going to be just fine because you have someone with a lot of power watching over you.” I said you mean Teddy? He smiled and said yes.  Love him!!!

This afternoon was the biggie with the Surgeon who got me in to the office in just a day. Robin came also. WELL! He is not so sure my cancer is back and feels the Radiologist read it wrong!! Dr. Runfola read all my other scans from the first time around and can’t even feel it as Dr. M could not feel it either. So, I left and he called Dr. M and asked if he could do an Endoscopy that would reach that far down and Dr. M said he would try. Then Dr. M called and I am scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. It will be a regular anesthetic because he has to go so deep. I am going in at 1PM they will do it at 230PM and then we will know for sure. I forgot what the test is called. Robin will be with me. I am so blessed with my Doctors!

Until we know we shall now remain realistically optimistic. I am exhausted! But in a good way.

Love Me

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: WOW! That's All I Can Say!

Double WOW. How exciting to hear this Lainy. You know we are here for you and already wishing you the best. And to hear that maybe the reading was incorrect - what a pleasant surprise.

Good luck with your tests. We will be thinking extremely positive thoughts.

Carl and Lynn

Lainy...as always you make me laugh especially the last e-mail attached to the posting above.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Glad to hear that your doctors look deeper and are willing to investigate!  Hope all goes well Lainy.  thinking of you and sending love your way.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Just a note everyone that the Hospital did not have a scope long enough but should for Thursday morning, You would think this little 5' girl was 6'! So I am now scheduled for Thursday morning at 1000AM. Also found out it is called an Interoscopy. Always learning something new. I tell you Fri was the ONC, Tues the surgeon and I am already schedule for the test Thurs.  Feeling really lucky tonight.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Wonderful news, I do think you have Teddy watching over you!!!!
Brenda

Lainy,

This is such good news.   Wishing you even more good luck on Thursday.  Will be waiting to hear the results.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Oh Lainy, sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers for you. I hope that they say it was an error and then you can deal with other stuff. And you know Teddy will be there holding your hand.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Lainey, what a day! Fabulous suggestion by the surgeon to check things out further. Praying his hunch is correct that you are cancer free!
Willow

Willow

Sending positive vibes and healing prayers
Love
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Hi Lainy, I have been trying to keep up on your posts.  Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and sending you hugs and blessings.  I admire you lots.  Love your strength, directness, and humor!  Take care.
Porter

Hope, love, strength...2013 and for the years to come, Porter.

Morning Momma,

And wow indeed, a great way to start my day!! And as for the hospital not having a long enough scope, ha, that could only happen to you! See, you're extra special so they need an extra special long scope just for you! Hope that all goes well on Thursday and I hope that you get the news that everyone wants to hear.

Love ya loads,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks everyone, you all give me a mountain of strength. I will not be having twilight sleep but will have the real deal type anesthesia so hope I get to go home same day. Guess I better beautify myself today just in case! Never know. A good looking anesthesiologist might have a Dad around. LOL

Lainy, what great news!! So you wanna be as tall as me?? lol
So glad to hear the docs views... Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris, I could never pull off height as lovely as you do! I am all set for tomorrow. The hospital actually called me twice guess they couldn't believe the first set of surgeries and meds! LOL You and me girl, we sure know how to laugh our way through. Hey, speaking of that I miss you!

Hi Lainy,

Hoping your test goes well and they find no cancer!! Love to you.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Good morning Lainy,

Thoughts and prayers are with you today; I hope all goes well.

Catherine