Topic: Latest karaoke contest

Well, tonight was semi finals and finals in the latest karaoke contest.... I made it through to the final 6, which was my goal. Of course, once that happened, I hoped I could finish 3rd and win $250. But, sadly, that was not to be. I finished 4, 5 or 6th.
The woman who came in second (evil laughter) should not have been in the contest anyway, since she's a professional. But 1st and 3rd place winners are great singers!
I got a nice compliment from the judges. I went up and thanked them. All 3 told me I wowed them with All That Jazz. Two said I definitely got most improved! So there's that.
I DID reach my goal, which was to make the final cut, so I can't complain. I just have a new goal.
For those who don't know, I decided after over a year of fighting this stupid disease that I needed to overcome some fears. One of them being my inability to speak in public. So I started singing karaoke. And I LOVE it! It's been not quite 2 years, and I definitely think I've improved. Speaking in front of a group?? NO PROBLEM!
(Next fear to overcome is to approach and talk to attractive, single, straight men!!) Lainy, I figure you will get a kick out of that!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Latest karaoke contest

Holy Cow that's my cookie!! Good for you and I can just hear you singing All That Jazz, not an easy song. Kris, there is a ton of single men unfortunately most should stay that way. LOL It's when you least expect it that it happens. It happened once for me so maybe that was my time. Straight???? He had bow legs and walked like a little Sicilian penguin. But he was the best. LOL

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

3 (edited by kris00j Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:56:28)

Hahaha Lainy!! Straight is "not crooked" OR heterosexual!!!

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

I know that just trying to make you laugh.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kris -
That is awesome. I can't sing for the life of me so I would run people off for sure. I do a wonderful job in the car when it's just me though.
I know how it is looking for those good single men. I got lucky and Mark was a blind date anyway. I worked with his best friend from high school who decided that we would be great for each other. Worked out pretty darn good for both of us - although I might have got the short end of the stick.... wink  I did tell him yesterday that even knowing what I know now, I would still marry him. He told me he thought I wasn't very bright. Good to know his sense of humor is still good.
If I find a good single one, I will send him your way Kris.

Hugs,
KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Thanks, Kris, but I think you live a bit too far away!! lol
I remember telling the guy I was with that I was sorry. That he didn't sign up for this. I actually used the "short end of the stick" saying, too. And he didn't know how to handle such a heavy load. He stuck around for the first year, but it was too much. He was very young, too. The next guy I dated was way too low class for me... He couldn't handle it, either! It's a lot to ask someone to take on. I haven't found someone who handles the initial disclosure (first or second date) well enough to stick around. My joke is if they want long term, I'm a bad bet! I don't think that goes over very well.
Maybe I should quit disclosing until I absolutely HAVE to (like right before he's gonna see the scars! lol)!! But I don't want to invest my time, either, if they can't handle it.
Funny story... Or not so funny story... I met a guy. Actually, I've been acquainted with him for a few months. He was quite interested! And pushy!! We went out. Did some kissing, but I stopped him. He texted me when he got home. Saw him the next day... He wanted to see me again... We went out for diner food. I did the disclosure thing. He still kissed me at the end. A lot. Next day, I got the "I'm sorry if I misled you, but I'm only looking for friends" text.
Life as a single cancer patient... (Sigh)

KrisJ

I bet it is hard. It's not something I ever really thought of and Mark's was a childhood cancer so it doesn't really push into adulthood and it was a fairly common cancer. Now this one....wow.
We need to make a site like eHarmony only for cancer survivors....of course then you would probably attract some weirdos that way too.
It's hard to think about when would be the appropriate time to say something. Of course there probably is not "right" time, if they are going to bail they are going to bail no matter. But the one that sticks around is probably going to be really worth it. smile

I'll keep my fingers crossed, I could send some your way if I find them though.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.