Topic: California 12 year old Christopher Wilkes diag w CC

I saw this of FB today, posted by the AMMF. Then went to Christopher's FB page which led to his link on caringbridge. Not many details as to type of CC but other family is reaching out for support. So unusual to have one so young with this diagnosis.
Willow
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/teamchristopherwilke

Willow

Re: California 12 year old Christopher Wilkes diag w CC

Thanks for pointing this out, Willow.  Stacie is in the process of contacting the family.  We are hoping that there is something special we can provide Christopher with.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dawn put this link on our FB page yesterday as well.

http://www.burbankleader.com/the818now/ … 9151.story

A very sad situation indeed and hopefully there is something that we can help with.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks for the link to that article, Gavin! Being a Californian, this literally hits close to home.

Willow

Sadly, our young friend, Christopher, passed away this morning. He was 12. The family posted on Facebook. I'm so sad that anyone gets this damn cancer, but a 12 year old is really so unfair.

Impatient patient.

I agree. It really sucks. It's so unfair that this poor kid got such a short stick. My thoughts are with his family. I cannot even begin to understand how they feel right now.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

so sad!

It is incredibly sad.  I have no words to describe it.

X

Clare

In the stars now . . . .