Topic: Thought for the Day (7/22)

Just Wondering, and no I wasn't even in the thinking room.  What if we took the section titled Humorous and changed it too "Thought For The Day"  I think it would be neat to check the site and and read a supportive thought to get the day rolling or a thought to go to sleep thinking of.  Everyone take a turn and if no one posts a thought, then go for it.  They can be originals or give credit to your favorite.   Positive,Clean, Supportive, Inspirational, consoling, Funny, etc.  No long poem or book, just a simple thought for the day.  I bet we all have plenty to share.  Chime in everyone and give your opinion.  I personally think the section Humorous is flat/not fizzy.

Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Re: Thought for the Day (7/22)

Jeff, another good idea from you. I think that not everyone finds humor in our situations.
I also gave an idea that we put our home towns in our profiles so that those who would like a closer buddy type system could form one or just call someone close to home. Tomorrow is Teddy's scan and I think set up then we will get the dates for the radiation. How life changes. We are more excited about the radiation set up than a night on the town!!!! Mmmmm  now that I think about it. What is a night on the town? smile:)

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Lainey.. What you suggest exsist already.  All you have to do is click on your name after signing in and then click on personal then in Location type your country , State , home town and when you save and submit it'll show up under your name when you make a post.  It say From:  and whatever you put in.
Bless Ya ,
Jeff G.

Hi Jeff,
   I like your idea a lot - love to see it.

Joyce

5 (edited by tiapatty Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:51:52)

Well, not sure if this is the sort of thing you were thinking of, Jeff, but we are gathered round my Mom here in Chicago, she is slowly slipping away and I happened to see this thoughtful piece on life and death in the Chicago Tribune today:

(Edit: The link no longer works, cut and paste the quote into Google and it should still come up that way as of today, 11/16/11.)

The part that really caught me was:

"How has it happened? Have I become so thick-skinned that it fails to register with me that every day I live, I have miraculously escaped the opposite?"

Excellent suggestion Jeff.  It has literally been the least used section of the discussion boards.  We'll make that change.

7 (edited by JeffG Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:29:08)

tiapatty.... Yes Thank You and God Bless Your Mom. Jeff G.

tiapatty wrote:

Well, not sure if this is the sort of thing you were thinking of, Jeff, but we are gathered round my Mom here in Chicago, she is slowly slipping away and I happened to see this thoughtful piece on life and death in the Chicago Tribune today:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin … 4998.story

The part that really caught me was:

"How has it happened? Have I become so thick-skinned that it fails to register with me that every day I live, I have miraculously escaped the opposite?"

8 (edited by JeffG Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:22:01)

Has anyone figured out this oldie yet?

What came first the chicken or the egg ? I still want to know! Pay attention to the little things in life today, as it will change the way you see tomorrow.

"Every new day is a GIFT...That's why we call it "the present"... I bought a note pad with this on it..got me thinking every day truly is a gift even the bad ones  p.s. Jeff don't know about egg or the chick but I do know they smell...:( ..(husband got 11 chicks...so I guess here the chick comes first then "hopefully" some eggs later smile