Topic: Scottish Hepato Pancreato Biliary Network

Hi, can I bring this Annual Education event which is taking place in Dundee on 4th April to the attention of everybody living over here in Scotland. Have sent an email to Gavin and asked it to be added to the Calender of events. It's not too late to register. I live in Edinburgh and will be attending with my husband who is my carer too.
Warmest wishes to everyone.

Re: Scottish Hepato Pancreato Biliary Network

Hi there,

Welcome to the site. Sorry that you had to find us all here but glad that you have joined in with us as you're in the right place for support and help. And thanks as well for your email and for bringing this to our attention also. I am hoping to attend the conference on Friday if I can get some help for my mum and if it is not too late for me to be added to the list. Iain Tait who is doing the welcome on Friday was my dads GI consultant at Ninewells when he had his treatment in 2008.

Hopefully I will be able to attend and if I can I look forward to meeting you and your husband.

My best wishes to you both,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Dear Gavin,
Good to be in contact with you. Your posts have given me so much help and information since I was diagnosed in 2010. I am sure there is still time to register, I was sent an email yesterday with the reg forms in case anybody still interested........and a thought went through my head to see if it could be put up on the calendar here.

I really hope you can be there as I know many people on this site glean so much information from you.

I also hope we can meet.

Best wishes

Angelmar

Hi Angelmar,

Thanks for that. I should be able to attend the conference on Friday assuming that my mum keeps well. I got in touch with the HPB Network and they put me on the list so hopefully I will see you both there.

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi Angela,

Was great to meet you and Juan yesterday! I know that much of the morning session wasn't specifically CC related but hope that more of the afternoon session was, and hope that you got a lot out of the day as well. I was speaking with Lynsey who organised everything and he told me they had a purely CC conference a few years ago and will hopefully be running one all CC related again in the future. That will be a good one for us. Were you able to stay for the SIRT presentation?

Once again it was great to meet you both and please feel free to contact me anytime at all about anything. Please feel free also to contact me off board if you prefer or post away on the boards where I know that you will get tons of support from all of us here! Hope you had a safe journey back home.

My best to you and Juan,

Gavin

Shame - I would have liked to have gone to this.  Was there anything of note for CC that came out of the day Gavin?

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Not much Clare specifically about CC, most of the morning session focused on HCC, pancreatic cancer and endorcine tumours. I wasn't able to stay for the afternoon session where there was a presentation about SIRT which I really wanted to see.

Steve Wigmore gave a great presentation on ERAS which was helpful though and that was good. Here's a link to his blog with other links in it about it.

http://profstevewigmore.wordpress.com/2 … ge-awaits/

Said that one of the problems with ERAS was keeping it going once the study had finished. Said that everyone involved was focused on doing that during the study period but once the study period finished things slipped a bit and that was conformed from teams from the other hospitals involved as well.

They will be having another meeting this time next year or maybe later this year if they have new data or methods to present. They move the meetings around Scotland as well so it won't be up here, might be down your way. I'll let you know when I hear about it and there will hopefully be something as well going into the calendar of events page here on the site.

Gavin

Dear Gavin,
It was really good to meet you last Friday. I wanted to thank you personally for all the valuable posts which have been so informative and supportive since I've been checking in on the website. Also felt that although we didn't know each other there was someone in my neck of the woods that had an idea of what I was going through.
I have posted the link to Lindsey Campbell about the research site on the web here in the hope he can flag it up to relevant people. SIRT was very valuable, but still only 35 people going to get the chance over the next 2  years to access it. The speaker had worked very hard for years to try and get funding. Energy low so will add more when I can.
Angela

Thanks for that Angela, was good to meet you and Juan as well last week. I spoke a bit with Lynsey after the morning session and hopefully much will come from that over time. Thanks for passing the link to him as well.

Glad to hear that the SIRT talk was valuable but only 35 people going to get access to it over the next 2 years, that is not good at all!!! Hopefully that will change quickly as it gets rolled out more and I will keep an eye on that as well.

Please try and get some rest and get your energy back up if you can and I look forward to hearing from you more.

Best wishes,

Gavin

Hi is there a link to the conference that we can find for the slides?  Thank you.

Hi Catherine,

Sorry, there doesn't seem to be any slides for the presentations that were done at the conference. If they turn up anytime I will post a link to them here on the site.

Best wishes,

Gavin