Re: On the whole, I've had better weeks

No, I hadn't, but I think it's still smart to get up out of my desk chair and move around during the day. Thanks for the reminder to do that. I tend to sit in front of my computer for far too long.

Impatient patient.

Re: On the whole, I've had better weeks

Duke and Lisa -
Yes you should get up and move around. Cancer has a tendency to make the blood clot differently, making you at higher risk for blood clots. I usually tell my patients, at least hourly when they are awake. At least stand up and march in place to get the blood moving. And then if you are traveling - especially by plane or car - to move around every couple of hours. In a car take break and get out and walk around, check out the sites, have a bite to eat. In a plane you can walk up and down the aisle. There are studies that show increased clots in people after flying or driving long distance even if perfectly healthy.

I do it too....sit in one spot, especially at the computer for too long. Usually the cat reminds me that she needs attention by getting in front of the screen.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.