Topic: Not uplifting

Hi,
I think this is supposed to be our escape section, so I apologize if I'm using it for an unhappy topic. CC is rare and aggressive, and we only joined the group in October when my mother was diagnosed. However, unfortunately today I was again reminded that all cancers are devastating.  My aunt fought a long-time battle, but last night passed away after the cancer had spread to her bones and finally her brain.  She was a strong,   warm, loving woman who was the core of her family.  Her husband was in the Navy, so much of raising four children was left to her while he was as sea. She was loved and her passing will leave a gap in so many lives; she positively influenced and loved so many.  Only a year ago her husband passed away from colon cancer. She was so strong at his funeral while she was at that time going though treatments and scans. Her kids have been living with their parents’ cancer fights for the last two years. My dream tonight is that we see a cure for all cancers.

Re: Not uplifting

Amen to that, and I am so sorry about your Aunt, she sounds like she was an extraordinary woman.

Those we love must someday pass beyond our present sight…
They leave us and the world we know without their radiant light.
But we know that like a candle their lovely light will shine
To brighten up another place more perfect…more divine.
And in the realm of Heaven where they shine so warm and bright,
Our loved ones live forevermore in God’s eternal light.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thank you Lainy- the sentiments are beautiful and I will share it with my cousins.  She was extraordinary.  Her favorite tree was the red bud.  Yesterday I was sitting on my deck thinking of her and looking at the one in my back yard blooming; now I'm looking at snow falling on it.

And...one day you will be sitting and looking at the tree and you will feel your Aunt around you and perhaps a bird chirping at you from the tree.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

middlesister.....I have found much comfort in accepting that "grieve is the price we pay for love" followed by the saying that "memories become our treasure".  Your wonderful aunt has touched many lives and now has touched us as well.  May she rest in peace.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

middlesister I'm sorry for your aunt's passing. That's a lovely tribute you've written -- how beautiful all the love you have for her, that she sowed in you through the relationship the two of you had. Your love for her is a testament to her wonderful nature.
Thanks for sharing that with us.
Margaret

Middlesister,

I too am sorry to hear of your Aunts passing. Please accept my sincere condolences. Your family sure has been through so much these last few years and you are in my thoughts right now.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thank you all for the kind words and condolences.  This is an amazing group of people on this board.  Good news is that Mom is up to making the trip down to VA for the funeral (it had to be delayed for Easter Holy  days). 

Easter/Passover/Spring-  this is the season for hope. 

Thank you for the support, 

Catherine

Catherine, so happy to hear Mom can make the trip to VA. Spring is also the time for new beginnings! Best wishes for the trip. You might want to ask her ONC if he knows anyone in that area just in case. Safe travel!