Topic: Hope and Miracles

I just read a HOPE and MIRACLE Story by John Thomas this morning who is doing quite well. It gave me an idea that perhaps we could use a Category ONLY for stories of HOPE and MIRACLES! Return answers could be under General or something so that when someone is looking for that hope that they need they can just read about HOPE and MIRACLES with no in betweens........
What do you think?

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Hope and Miracles

Thats a great Idea Lainy !!!You are so right, we all need Hope. I'll be watching for a thread soon. I have alot of Hope thanks to Cathy and Dr Chapman. Have a nice Easter!
Brenda

Brenda hope you are doing well and you sound like it. Good to see your smiling face and a very Happy Easter to you as well! May all the eggs be golden and full of Miracles!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Good idea Lainy!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Why thank you Sir Gavin. Hope you and Mum have a lovely Easter tomorrow! May the Bunny bring you a gourmet dinner!!!!

Lainy,

I really applaud your idea. We need to focus on the positives because everyone goes through the ups and downs. We tend to help each other during those down cycles, but we could certainly do more to acknowledge the positives.

I support your idea.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Carl

Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Carl! Hope things are good at your house. I have not talked to the powers that be yet (not meaning Teddy!) ha, ha but let's see what happens. My bottom line is that we would hope everyone would post their responses, if they have any by posting them on another site so that the HOPE and MIRACLE posts can just be read straight through. I hope I am expressing myself right, you never know with this Remicade! It's much like Chemo brain. My family has learned to fill in my blanks and I always say thank you! Then again it could always be worse! Happy Easter. Maybe my little Bunny will throw down some eggs to me. I hope they are cooked!!!

Hi, Lainy,

I think  this discussion board should have like you said a section for
Miracle and Hope, but if I may, I would also like to have a section called
Medical information and Reality.
So for someone who just want to know the medical side of this cancer and reality.
It will save a lot of time.

BTW,thanks for all your concern about me including those who just emailed me privately . I appreciate.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Percy, I was elated to see your smiling face, you made my day! I am with you my friend! Both would be good forums. For Easter I am sure you will have all your family there, family is the best RX, with a  holiday or not. I took my 17 yr old Grandson for lunch (Chinese food) yesterday as we have these enormous conversations, he and I. He graduates H.S. the end of May and will be going to ASU Polytechnic School and going for 2 majors. My Granddaughter Graduates May 10th from NAU with a 3.8 and just got the job she has been wanting for a year! She also had double majors. Sorry didn't mean to go off about my grandkids, just can't hold it in.
I truly hope you are comfortable and honestly was thrilled to see your post!

I concur...both sides are good ideas to be represented.  So very glad to see you Percy.

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Lainy, I know this isn't relevant to this posting strand, but you can go on about your grandchildren all you want.  For those of us old enough to have grandkids, they are often our best medicine.  In my case, we have an almost 3 year old grandson, who is the light of our lives.  I baby sat him 5 days a week from the time he was 2 months old until he was almost 2. At that time , his folks put him in day care 3 days a week and I got to still have him two days a week....which continued until he gave me the last upper respiratory infection that immediately led to pneumonia, which prompted my GP to order a CT scan about something else...and the next day I was told there was a tumor.  If my grandson had not made me ill in late Jan and it hadn't been pneumonia, I probably wouldn't have gone to see my doctor until summer, this may not have been found until it was inoperable.  I literally owe my chance for a cure to that little guy.  Of course, he means the world to us anyway.  The biggest sadness I feel is that when he or his parents get sick now, we don't get together.  They all just had strep ...5 days apart, so we hadn't seen them for quite a while in person. Fortunately for technology, we are able to do facetime on our i-Pad which satisfied us for a while.  But nothing, can compare to hearing that he was asking for "Papa-Julie day" ...wanting to come be with us....and then having him give you a running hug and tell you, "I ya you."  (That's I love you in 2 year old speak).  It does make you forget for a little while....and smile.  So Lainy, be proud of those grandkids and let me know when they've made you proud.  Their love for you is obviously your reward for a good life, well-lived with them. 

Julie T.

Just for today, I can get through anything.  "Never let fear decide your fate."  (from the band, Awoination.)

Julie that is some story! Here this little munchkin that you love so much ended up unknowingly saving your life! I have pet names for mine, Josh (25) is my Hero, Lexy (22) is my Princess, Kyle (20) is my Treasure and Brandon (17) is my Sunshine/Boyfriend (cause he is home until he starts College this Fall). My daughter raised them alone for 13 years. Each one got full scholarships to Colleges. Most of all they are close, have never been in any trouble,  and are good people! I can be having a really bad day but if I see one of them it all goes away. Like we say the best RX there is.