Topic: My Wonderful Hubby made my day

Yesterday was my birthday...I turned 62 .  I spent a nice morning out with a friend, but then had the first meeting with my local oncologist for a pre-chemo consult and to have some questions answered.  I can't say that the consult was satisfactory and I may choose to drive 3 hours to Mayo for each of my chemo treatments to be under that oncologist, with whom I feel more comfortable.  On the way home, my husband made a detour to the grocery store and when I asked him what we were doing, he said he couldn't take off earlier, but he wanted to get me a rose for my birthday (the gift I always love the most).  This year, I hadn't even thought about it, but at that point, I told him that it wasn't something he had to do this year....that he had done so much for me that showed his love.  After me saying no, firmly, several times, he gave up.  After the onc meeting, we went to dinner with very close friends and shopping for a new recliner, one that is more comfortable for me in case I want to lay back more than 15 minutes instead of taking to bed on bad days.  At least the day ended well. 

Today he came home at noon and repacked my incisions that we're trying to get to heal....as he does once a day, every day.  He's a one of a kind, very special guy. 

Fast forward to tonight when he came home from work.....he presented me with a rose anyway.  He said that I needed to have a rose for my birthday...and that was that.  No arguing.  I , of course, burst into tears.....he really does know me better than I know myself.  I am so blessed to have this wonderful guy in my life.  After the rose, we discussed the oncologist meeting from the day before and I told him how uncomfortable I was with how it went.  The onc wasn't personable at all, which was the opposite from what we were told to expect.  My husband then said that he would be glad to drive me to Mayo and back for chemo days...there would be probably 12 days in total for infusions.  Again, his love for me and concern for my comfort and health just takes my breath away.  I am going to call the Mayo oncologist tomorrow to discuss some of the issues I have, and see if having the chemo up at Mayo is feasible. 

Julie T.

Just for today, I can get through anything.  "Never let fear decide your fate."  (from the band, Awoination.)

Re: My Wonderful Hubby made my day

Happy belated birthday Julie x

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Julie.....thanks to Clarem, I was able to catch this.  Happy belated Birthday from me as well.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

And another happy belated birthday from me, too.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Happy belated birthday!! What a great guy!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Happy Belated Birthday! What a sweet man you have. I think being comfortable with your care is so important, you made the right decision.
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider