Topic: Good Scans!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share this because I want to stay in this positive mindset for as long as possible! My mom's most recent scans show that after only 3 months of Gem/Ox and her HAI pump her gigantic tumor shrunk in half! Shocking. We are loving the experience at Sloan K. so far. Her doctors always give us hope and this news was the icing on the cake. Now we are hoping for surgery sooner rather than later. Thank you everyone for all of your knowledge and insight. I don't post much but I come here to educate myself during this battle and it's an amazing resource.

Julie

Re: Good Scans!

YIPPEE! Julie, I love waking up to this kind of news! Wonderful, keep that shrinkage working! YIPPEE, just had to do that again for your Mom!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Great news Julie!!  We love the word shrinkage on this site!  Enjoy the good news.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Brilliant news Julie, thanks for sharing that! We always love hearing good news and shrinkage, we can't get enough of that word! Hope the good news continues and that the surgery does indeed come soon!

My best to you and your mum,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Fantastic news.  Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Oh wow...that is absolutely awesome!!!  Give her a big hug from all of us.  We'll pray for continued good results to get that tumor so small that it will be no problem at all to resect and that it will be very soon.

Another Julie....Julie T.  aka Iowa Girl

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

Thank you everyone, it means so much! You're awesome.

Fantastic!

Impatient patient.

Oh, wow!  That is awesome news!  My husband had the HAI pump put in at MSK the end of Feb.  We will be returning to NY on May 6th for his first scan since the pump was put in.  Ron has been getting only Gem in his port because of past problems (neuropathy) with the Cis, but now the neuropathy has returned with a vengeance so I suspect his Onc will discontinue the Gem also.  We are praying that Ron's results will be similar to yours!

Julie - I am curious.... did you have any other satellite tumors and if yes, how did these present on the latest scan?

Praying for continued awesome results for you!
Judy

That's wonderful news!

Willow

Fantabulous...Keep posting the good news

Cheers
Ilias

Judy, the HAI pump is an awesome thing and your husband is in great hands. My mom has one very large tumor and numerous tiny satellites clustered around it. They are also shrinking in time. Not gone completely, but definitely responding. Her pump was placed a few days before Christmas and she started chemo the end of Jan. She is also having a rough time with the infusions though, at her last visit the doc talked about either another reduction or discontinuing the Oxi altogether. I am hoping for GREAT scans for your husband. Like I said, that pump works wonders.

Julie

Julie, 

That is wonderful news.  So happy for your mom.  Keep the good news coming.  smile

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.