Topic: 3 yrs cancer free

Had my MRI and no evidence of disease!! 3 yrs post hepatectomy for Intrahepatic cc.  Had chemo and radiation post resection.
See the oncologist tomorrow.
I'll let you know what the plan is, but I think I will be scan free for a year.

Take care,

Susie

Re: 3 yrs cancer free

Susie....good news can't get better than that.  CONGRATULATIONS.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Susie...what fantastic news.  Raising my glass tp  you this morning.  Keep on truckin'.

Boy it was good to hear your good news today.  As much as you needed it...we all do.

Julie T

Just for today, I can get through anything.  "Never let fear decide your fate."  (from the band, Awoination.)

Hi Susie, you keep going, girl. I love waking up to this kind of news! YIPPEE!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Susie this is awesome news. So happy for you. Congratulations hope u go out and celebrate . blessings.

Hope, love, strength...2013 and for the years to come, Porter.

Susie,  Great news.  Keep it coming!  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Brilliant news Susie!!!! Hope all goes well tomorrow with the onc.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

All I can say is YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! Go celebrate!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

That is FABULOUS!  Congrats Susie, and thank you for sharing this milestone!
Willow

Willow

I saw the oncologist. Not much to report, visits are pretty short when you are doing well.  I get blood work at 6 month and ct chest/abd/pelvis in one year.
I asked about my prognosis at this point and she agreed it gets better as time goes on.  I believe she said 75% recur in the first 2 years.  I think Mayo told me 90-95% recur in the first 2 -2 1/2 years.
She said I can have kids if I chose to do so, so we'll see.  It's a big decision.  I did meet with high risk OB about  6 months ago and he said I am not that high risk.  He called me medium risk.  Said my main concerns would be preeclampsia and growth restriction.  Also talked about the possibility for issues if I need a csection due to my abdominal surgeries.

I am so thankful for my 3 years of life. I am now 34 years old.  Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Susie

BTW, is the research study on here asking for participants real or is it spam?

Suzie...fantastic update.  My personal opinion is to go on with your life and to  make your dreams come true.

Yes, the request for participation in the research study is real; we appreciate everyone's input. 

Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER