Re: NIH update/articles

How exciting!!
Melinda, you're an international hero and pioneer!  Your docs will get lots of notoriety too for this promising work.

Willow

I am so excited that this is traveling the globe! I hope that more facilities start doing more research and clinical trials. I want the headlines to say "Success for Millions of Patients"! It is a little depressing when I read or hear the comment of "remember this is just one patient".....I understand that I am just one patient.....for now....but I also understand that there has to be a first patient and I believe wholeheartedly that I am the first of many!!!

Gavin thanks for posting all these links....I so enjoy reading them and adding them to my scrapbook!!

Willow I hope the docs get the attention they so deserve....and continued funding for more research!!

Hugs....Melinda

Wow! Melinda! YIPPEE....you could be our first Poster Woman. This is so amazing and exciting! Best of everything to follow and can't wait to see and hear more! There IS HOPE!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

You're gonna need a bigger scrapbook Melinda! I agree too about the one patient comments Melinda, but as you say, there has to be the first patient of any new successful trial, drug, treatment etc and this time it is you! And remember that mighty oaks from little acorns grow as the saying goes! Hope indeed!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

While I guess you could think of it as "just one patient," as I understand it, you were the first, and so far only, cholangiocarcinoma patient.

Batting 1000 is how I prefer to look at it smile

Jason

Personalized Immunotherapy Treats Epithelial Cancer.

http://www.nih.gov/researchmatters/may2 … cancer.htm

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Billings woman experiences success as first patient in trial cancer treatment.

Video and interview with Melinda too! smile

http://www.ktvq.com/news/billings-woman … treatment/

PS - Love the purple tulips as well Melinda, we have some of them in my mums garden as well!

Hugs,

Gavin

Gavin...I am glad you were able to see my tulips. Last evening after the interview we had an amazing hail storm and they and all my other plants were destroyed!! sad

Melinda,

Sorry to hear you lost those beautiful tulips.  I too noticed them while watching the video.   Glad I got to see them before they were destroyed.  Not much coming up yet here in Wisconsin.

Melinda you are truly becoming our super star poster lady for CC world wide.  Your story is truly amazing and brings hope to so many.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Grrrrr to hail stone storms! I like tulips and have loads of them in my mums garden. We got the same ones that you have planted last year, it said they were black but they seemed to come up sort of dark purple. They're nice and really different to the other ones. Got some good ones called Rembrandt tulips I think and they are a nice mix of red/yellow and white/pink. They stand out but unfortunately we have weather problems hitting them as well..... the wind, and that really wrecks them! Boo!!!

Hugs,

Gavin