Topic: Weird occurrence at chemo yesterday---funny weird

My husband and I had left our pre chemo consultation with our oncologist and were sitting at an appt desk to set up the next infusion while my labs were being processed.  Suddenly, the nurse appears, touches me on the shoulder and whispers something about "blood".  She wanted to know if I was bleeding anywhere.  Well, that got my attention.  I stood up....we checked my port....my arms, my legs ...my head...anywhere...but nothing.  She said that there were big drop (about half dollar size) on the floor in the exam room.  She went away...came back and they had decided that they started from where my husband had been sitting...so now they checked him over head to toe....again...nothing.  A few minutes later, I head someone say, "OH ...do you think THAT is what it was?"  Yet a few more minute later, the nurse came back and told us that when they wiped up the blood, they found a .....are you ready for this?.....a TICK in the blood...obviously smashed.  The bottom of my husband's shoe confirmed that there was blood in the cleats of the shoe (they're black so you couldn't see the wet part easily).  We're trying to figure out now whether it came in on his shoes...he had been on a bike trail the day before...but apparently hadn't attached to anything except his tennis shoes...and then migrated over to the dress work shoes.  He was never off his bike except at the head of the well-groomed trail....no grasses, etc....though there are trees and one could have dropped down, but the logistics of it become more difficult as he bikes very fast.  And...as I said...it would have had to have moved from one shoe to another while in the bedroom, stayed on the shoe for half a day at work....and then migrated to the bottom of the shoe during the 20 minutes we were in the doctor's exam room...only to be squished as my husband walked out of the room.  THAT was a a weird start to the chemo!!!!  I'm sure they're still talking about it down there.

Iowa Girl
Julie T.

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

Re: Weird occurrence at chemo yesterday---funny weird

Well, that would have really ticked me off! But all is well that ends well.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Ha ha ha!

Willow

Oh Lainy....good pickup on that....gave me a good chuckle.

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.