Topic: Immunotherapy - not all approaches work the same

according to a Twitter Chat and reported by The Augusta Chronicle:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/healt … ing-cancer

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Immunotherapy - not all approaches work the same

Thanks Marion, much excitement surrounding Immunotherapy and let's hope that much of it will be carried through to CC.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Just wondering...What are the hospitals/who are the physicians and immunogists leading the exploration of immunotherapy for cholangiocarcinoma? What are the opportunities for the  inclusion of cholangio if FDA approval is received for treatment of a different cancer?

Judy..... Most major centers are involved in these studies.  You might want to start with the treating physician, as he/she may be able to lead you to a center closest for participation.   I believe that once approved for a different cancer, physicians will then use the "off label" and the pd-1 and anti pd-L1 pembrolizumab (lambrolizumab) drug are under investigation and are expected to be released by the end of this year. 

From what I have learned the NIH is overrun with request, but Melinda's study is recruiting:
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?t … rch=Search

The newest in the making are the n-of-1 trials (single patient trials) part of personalized medicine.  But, I have little information on this.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER