Topic: Big day....pushed the limit

Today was the day to frost and decorate the 5 big sheet cakes for my husband's retirement reception at work tomorrow morning.  It was now or never....had to get them done.  I started at noon....making frosting....and then slowly , but surely, frosted and scored 4 of the big cakes ...decorated them with rose buds and then moved on to the centerpiece cake.  My good friend showed up about 4:30 p.m. to help in whatever way she could....which for me was going to be "clean up".  Even though I sat to decorate all the cakes, just making the frosting and then frosting each of the cakes took a lot of my energy.  I was a bit shaky by 6 p.m. when the last of the cakes were done, but they're done.  My friend had completely cleaned up my kitchen...looks better than when I started.  smile   Yes, I was in tears thanking her for helping me out.  I've planned to do this for my husband's retirement for years.....and there was no way I was going to have them order some yuck cake from a grocery store.

Just for today, I can get through anything.  "Never let fear decide your fate."  (from the band, Awoination.)

Re: Big day....pushed the limit

Way to go...definitely a labor of love. I wish we could see pictures!
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Re: Big day....pushed the limit

Did someone mention cakes???? smile)

This sounds great Julie and I wish your husband a happy retirement too! Much better you icing and decorating them yourself rather than buying them and what a great friend you have too to help with the cleaning! Just for future reference, Lainy is good with the whole cleaning thing and loves doing it as well!!! I'm sure that she would have given you a hand with that!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.